Mission m5as vs BW675 vs MA rw12

P

petarst

Hi to all,
I have listened these few subwoofers connected to stereo amp nad c272 with preamp.
I must say that thise few subs are great, but a little bit different.
At the end mission was clear winner not so good and fast in music, but it gives me kick in stomach while these two can't.Also for listening dance and techno clear winner.

Does anybody have this woofer and what are experiance with him?

thank you in advance !

Had a mission m5as for a very short time hated the chuffing from its port.
Had the B&Wasw675 for around 6 months much better overall sound with music and movies when set up right this would be my choice.Havent heard the ma rw12.

I've currently got the M5AS....

I actually rate it quite highly, I listened to lots of subs before buying, but none had the sheer impact of the M5AS.. oin the £400-500 region..

Out of all my mates REL's and Velodyne's, everyone agrees my M5AS just has that extra 'oomph'..

I was careful on where I put the sub in the room, luckily due to its nice exterior, it can be just put anywhere without looking out of place.. I don't get any port chuffing at all (Although being downward firing, front ported, it may not suit all rooms, but this is true of all subs), with a reasonably flat response, and am very very happy, my mate bought a Velodyne CHT10 for the same money, and listening back to back on all the standard action scenes, the M5 adds much more 'scale', the opening scene to Saving Private Ryan is superb.. you 'feel' everything..

I also like its musical response, with R&B music, which often has complex low bass rifts, it handles these really well, the one or two reviews of the M5AS back this up.. (What HiFi and Home Cinema Choice reviews are on the Mission website)..

I think it has the right combination of 'depth' and 'scale' for the money that is hard to beat..

I don't doubt that technically the B&W has more 'control'.. but I just love the impact the M5AS has in movies and music..

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom