1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Mission m3s or m7s...

Discussion in 'Home Cinema Speakers' started by Nisei, Dec 28, 2004.

1. Nisei

Nisei
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    I've read many reviews and stuff and finally decided to buy a Mission m3s set but strangely enough it's not being sold here in the Netherlands and nor is it in Germany (I buy from there often because it's cheaper). I don't know why this is because it is sold in the US (and even cheaper than in the UK I believe). I can get a nice deal on an m7s set though but afaik it can't be upgraded to a 7.1 set.
    Now I'm not planning on expanding to 7.1 sound but I don't like the idea that I can't. How do these sets compare to each other? The specs seem pretty much the same and reviews for the m7s are also very good. Or maybe anyone knows a UK shop which will ship overseas? Or should I save up some more money and buy a more expensive set? I have an Onkyo TX SR602E receiver.

2. sparticus

sparticus

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +8
    Hi
    I have owned both and the m3s are light years better. I owned the m7s for about 3 weeks and every time i listened to them i was disappointed -- tried all sort of things to improve the sound and nothing really changed. M3s was better straight out of box and i still own them. Dont believe half the reviews you read.

3. Nisei

Nisei
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    Cool, thanks for the info. I've contacted Mission Netherlands this morning and asked why they don't sell the m3s overhere but the guy told me that the M30 Cinema set sounds even better than the m3s and they don't sell the m3s because they think the price/performance ratio isn't good enough.

4. sparticus

sparticus

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +8
    Hi
    Yes ive looked at the m30s and they are very similar to m3s but are quite a bit bigger and heavier so would expect them to be even better than my m3s. Im very fussy with audio having owned expensive gear years ago and would have thought you will not be dissappointed. One more thing to get bass out of the satellites i have them wall mounted - this gives a fuller sound than stand mounted.