• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

Mission M3C1i centre speaker, Anthony Gallo query too.

Grayman

Established Member
Im looking to replace my Mordaunt Short Alumni centre speaker with a Mission speaker, as I have two Mission E34's and it'd match better plus want a more powerful and full centre sound.

Am interested in the Mission M3c1i centre due to its height, I only have around 14cm to play with, whereas width and depth are not a problem.

I cant find anywhere I can audition one so was hoping for feedback from owners or ex owners here, and also ideas on alternatives for the money.

Although a mission E3c would be ideal, it's height wont allow me to use it.

Cost, well, if there is a superb slimline speaker that would blow the M3C1I away id consider spending up to around £200, but ideally wanted to keep it under £150.

One other thought, what about an Anthony Gallo? the Nucleus one that sits on a rubber ring, could sit it on the shelf but am a bit dubious about their performance, are they really good?

molly734

Standard Member
We are very happy with our M3C1i. It matches our M35's very well. Sound panning is very smooth and voice-matching is excellent. We have had this speaker setup (see signature below) for nearly two years and have never been disappointed in the center's performance. Of course the sub is handling the lowest frequencies but we added the sub about six months after putting the rest of the system together and it did still sound good before we added the sub.

Like you, our choice was dictated by space constraints. The tv is mounted above the (non working) fireplace with the center speaker sitting just below on the mantle. The depth of the speaker is just perfect for that. Height and width were less of an issue. We were not able to audition it before we bought it but we could have returned it if it had been unsatisfactory. Because of the space issues, we actually chose the center before we chose the other speakers. At the time we were going to get the M34's but we found a deal on the 35's for not much more that was too good to refuse. I see that a couple of places are selling the M3C1i for just under £90 in black or silver.

Grayman

Established Member
Thanks Molly, good to know stands up pretty well to the floorstanders then, I was worried it may get overwhelmed.

Cant find an E3C as yet and figure a M3C1i will match the front E34's better than an Anthony Galo so may well go for it.

gavask

Established Member
Hi, not sure if you are still looking but I am going to sell a grey/silver MC3c1i centre speaker on here. It has had an easy life and only had about 3 months of use before going to the loft having been replaced by a set of Tannoy as they were smaller and more wife friendly.

For mods: not sure if this is correct as OP not actually posted a wanted thread and I have not put it up for sale yet advice appreciated.

I am wanting to sell for £30 plus shipping. Shipping would be with UPS at a cost of £5.00.

I don't have the original box but it will be well packaged. If you are interested let me know and I will organise a picture.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 8K TV dead? Philips OLED+907, Pioneer LX505 AVR plus B&W 700 S3 Reviews & Visit + AV/HiFi News
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom