Mission M35s or Mirage FRX-5?

Discussion in 'Home Cinema Speakers' started by Beegee, Oct 6, 2004.

1. Beegee

Beegee

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Just been along to a local HiFi dealer to test the sound of the Mission 35s ....
    but he was shut :oops:

but next door there was another HiFi shop ( how often does that happen!)
    and he had some Mirage FRX-5 s in that he wants to sell to me for £300 as they are his last pair. Normally these retail for £800 ( so he says) I don't think they are as nicely styled as the Missions but then again speakers are about the sound, so could prob live with them. They had a cracking sound but also thru up sounds that I am not used to hearing due to using crap speakers at the moe. They sound alittle fussy on the top end.

With do you all reckon I should go for ?

I haven't hear the Missions as yet but that old "its a bargin" thing keeps swaying me!

2. Fordy

Fordy

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +24
    Give the missions a chance, i've got the M33's and if they are anything to go by, i think you will be impressed. That saids i've never heard of Mirage, so I cant comment, but don't jump before you've tried both of them out.

3. bob1

bob1

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +131
    Are you going to be using the speakers for just stereo or surround?

4. Beegee

Beegee

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I'll be using them for both

5. bob1

bob1

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +131
    Can you get the center to match the Mirage, if not i would go for the missions.

6. Beegee

Beegee

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    In the end I ended up too worried about the mirage speakers as I was told that they are quite long in the tooth and the price I was quoted as RRP was higher than the next mirage model up! I started t smell a bit of a rat so I found a place in Huddersfield that would let me test the Missions and even tho I could get them for £291 (Hifibitz.co.uk) because they had let me test them there we came to a deal of £320, not too bad and I prefer to know if anything is wrong or goes wrong its only down then road. They turn up some time next week in Cherry :thumbsup: