1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Mission M35i

Discussion in 'Home Cinema Speakers' started by superscot, Feb 28, 2005.

1. superscot

superscot
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    very simple ............................buy them ..........huge but if you have the space and can spend the time "running them in" sound from them superb

2. thelordmagus

thelordmagus
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    How long do they take to run in? Also, could you post what equipment you're using?
    I'm going to buy speakers in the coming months, but I have yet to decide on which ones :)

3. superscot

superscot
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Mission recommends a run in time of at least 24 hours! I went for 40 hours before as we say romping them up. Did manage to find some info from the web on various ways in which to run in speakers and opted for the continuous running method!
    Basically run them at around back ground listening levels for the above period of time to allow the drivers to settle down and loosen up
    Strengths:
    - Rich strong bass - Flawless lows - Never too bright - Accurate bass - Harmonious Mid-range - Perfect for Stereo - Almost as suitable for AV - Incredible build - Perfect cabinet bracing - Phenomenal value for money - Superb looks
    Weaknesses:
    - Extremely long break in time! - Size rules them out of most small rooms. - Positioning is critical; the sound stage has to be tweaked to the listening position.
    Overall:
    After you get these monsters out the box and break you’re back placing them, you will be first taken back by the superb build and style of these speakers. However, the speakers sound average for the first few days of listening. Be patient with these speakers, run for 40 hours on 30% volume (a level a bit over background music), and only then will you enjoy the amazing quality. The speakers sound even better than they look, and that's saying something. The extra driver from the M34's is admittedly mostly cosmetic; the real benefit is the cabinet strength. No need for ballast loading
    Price
    Do search about the local various dealers and of course web sites, I managed to pick mine up for £318 delivered right to the door from my local dealer prices varied from just under £500 to £278 for black ash mine are in cherry finish and look superb
    Equipment
    DENON UPA- F10
    DENON UCD-F10
    DENON UTU- F10
    DENON UDR –F10

Speaker cable
    QED silver anniversary Biwire speaker cable with QED airlock 4mm plugs fitted at around £8.50 per meter again search about for the best price! Local dealer again matched the best internet price I could find.

Interconnects
    QED Qunex 2 at around £25/£30 per pair again depending on where you buy from

4. thelordmagus

thelordmagus
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    Wow, thanks a lot for all that precise info.
    I don't think I'll have the money for these, but if I ever come across a good deal, I'll be sure to pick it up. M34s are more in my price range, but I am more and more likely to seek out what's interesting on fleebay...

But thanks again for your help, and enjoy your beauties ;)