1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Mission M34s floor standing spea

Discussion in 'Home Cinema Speakers' started by eggo, Jun 16, 2004.

1. eggo

eggo
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    Hi
    Just wondering can help me in trying to find a link or info on the mission m34 speakers. I've been trying in vain for the last week or 2 to tey and find something online. If anybody out there knows where i could find this info i would be very greatful.

2. GaryB

GaryB

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,266
  3. rozzar

rozzar

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +23
    incidentally, the M33s sound much better balanced. The m34s have a huge gap in the midrange which wrecks vocals. Of course, if you can find the M35s close to £300, go for them. In a totally different class

4. eggo

eggo
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    Thanks for the info

5. eggo

eggo
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    I know this may sound stupid but is there really that big a difference between the M34s & M35 speakers, would the normal joe soap know the difference between them. Is it worth paying the extra few bob to get them. I'm using a sony str-db 790 amp, this is fairly new so i'd say i'd get good quality from the m34s or this this matter. Thanks again

6. tom_nieto

tom_nieto
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    I compared the M35 to the M52. The M52 blew them out of the water. The m53 are probably even better! When I went to listen to some speakers up to £500 the mission weren't the best, and even the 782's weren't as good as a pair of Jamo speakers that I listened too which were £150 less. I couldn't decide whether the Jamo D570 or the D590 were better, but they seemed so much more lively than the missions.

7. rozzar

rozzar

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +23
    actually, i've heard the m53s and they sounded dire. The treble was WAY too bright, and a noticeable lack of detail to voices. The m35s sound very impressive for £380odd. The dedicated midrange driver really seems to do the trick. The m34s, as i said above are a false economy really. The m33s sound much better balanced for £100 less and the m35s are in a whole class above.

the 782s are disappointing- i agree with Tom here. The bass was too 2d. I could never accuse of Missions of not being lively btw.

Along with the m35s, try some Mordaunt Short Avant 906s btw. Less bass and a more forward presentation but really do sound *sublime* with acoustic music, jazz, classical and vocals. the Missions are more suited to electronic music with vocals really.

8. tom_nieto

tom_nieto
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    I've always found missions to be really party speakers, but they just didn't seem as lively... perhaps it was the room that I was listening them to (not ideal by any means).