Mission M33i upgrade

Discussion in 'Home Cinema Speakers' started by kosa, Jan 29, 2009.

1. kosa

kosa
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    Hello,
    I have mission m33i speakers and yamaha 661 amp. I want to upgrade my speakers to 5.0 (5.1). Does it make sense to sell my speakers and buy mission m6 series (m64i front)? Are there much better than M3 series?
    I'm looking for better bass in music. I like pop/soul/rock music.
    I was thinking about tannoy f4/fc/f1 speakers but I don't know if it isn't too big for my room (17sq meters)
    Are there better systems for me for 500pounds (5.0) or 600 (5.1)?

Regards
    Maciek

2. kosa

kosa
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    bump

3. wobblybob286

wobblybob286

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +5
    I've just bought a pair of M64i from Hifi Bitz for £199. They do sound great (took 30 hours to play them in). They certainly look the part and I'm very pleased with them. Bought the spike bases from ebay. They look fantastic. Don't forget that they are big. They have plenty of base.

Can you move your old speakers to be surround? How precious are you - are you a stickler for keeping the same series of speaker for all?

I've always started with what I've got, then replace when I can afford. For example, I did have a full speaker system from eltax. They served their time. Kids poked in the tweeters. The subwoofers went first. Replaced the rears. Then my fronts. I've got a temporary centre speaker (cheap off ebay) ready for upgrade when I find a suitable kid-proof one. Now I'm ready to replace the sub.

It always gives me something to look out for.

You could do the same for for the amp -but make sure that its future-proof.

Have you thought about buying a cheap subwoofer or borrowing a mate's? You might get the base you crave.

Let us know your thoughts.