1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Mission M33i / M34i

Discussion in 'Home Cinema Speakers' started by Steve22, Mar 7, 2005.

1. Steve22

Steve22

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    K Guys - novice question!

Im going to be buying a new set of speakers soon which are initially for hi-fi use but in the future I want to use them for home cinema. Few questions:

1) Are the Mission M34i's worth the extra money over the M33i's?

2) Any other worthwhile floorstanders for about £200 - £300?

3) Is it possible to use the same speakers for hi-fi and home cinema? What do I need to be able to switch between? (Just an AV receiver?)

Cheers :thumbsup:

2. benji_m

benji_m

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +6
    Hi Steve,

Approximately what size is your room, and were you thinking of adding a subwoofer later?

3. Bobby Luvin

Bobby Luvin

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Good set of Floor standers are Wharfedale P4000's Excellent sound and performance for a snip at £109.99. Pick em up at most electrical retailers. 175 Watts RMS. You will need a 5.1 amp pref with a built in dolby digital decoder and most will have simple to use buttons to switch from each channels, most will have DVD/Multi channel to switch to surround mode. You can just plug your speakers in as usual and add a subwoofer if prefered.

4. Steve22

Steve22

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Thanks guys.

Benji, yes I will be adding rear speakers and a sub as and when I can afford them. The room is approx 15ft x 15ft.

Im still a bit confused as to what I need to have my TV and Hi-fi running through my speakers?

What I want is to be able to listen to my TV through the speakers and then listen to my hi-fi through the same speakers (obviously not at the same time).

Finding it difficult to get my point across here ha ha. Hope it makes sense!

5. thelordmagus

thelordmagus
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    For that you need an output on your telly/freeview, and an amp (AV amp as you said you wanted to add rear and center and sub) :)
    That should do.