Mission m32 problem

Discussion in 'Home Cinema Speakers' started by Xiox, Mar 2, 2005.

1. Xiox

Xiox
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    Hello,

I have a pair of Mission m32 for some time now (may be 3 months) but just recently I managed to get a nicer amplifier - one of Denon's AVR-1905s. The problem I noticed yesterday is a vibrating noise from the front right speaker, something like a resonance which comes from the DiaDrive unit (A.K.A. the woofer). It appears on specific tracks only - for example Massive Attack's Angel (Mezzanine) and Erykah Badu's Rimshot (Baduizm). Increasing the volume doesn't increase the noise noticeably, but also decreasing the volume doesn't make the noise disappear. It sounds to me as the speaker is reacting to a specific frequency, present in both songs (whoever has listened to both songs will surely know what i mean). I tested the speakers with other bass heavy CDs, but the sound is clear and no noise at all can be detected. The next thing I did was to swap the speakers - the right one went to the left channel and the left one to the right channel. And the same noise is now heard from the left channel. Changing the position of the speaker further away from the back wall also didn't help. So this would probably mean that the problem is somewhere in the speaker and not in the cables or amplifier. I have to say this vibration cannot be detected if I am standing further than 1 meter away from the speaker. But I like my speakers very much and I want everything to be OK with them, so I am a little worried now. If anyone can help with advice I would be very happy.

2. missionman

missionman

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0

I agree, does sound as though something in the speaker is vibrating. Return them to your retailer in the original packing (you might like to take along the CD so you can demo the problem) and Mission will repair or replace them. Put in a note (print out the above if you like) so we can trace the problem.

Mr Mission

3. Xiox

Xiox
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    Thank you, I will surely follow your advice. Would there be a problem with the warranty - I purchased the speakers online and I am not sure if the local retailer would agree to repair them. My other option is to send them to the UK for repair, but this would be quite difficult (and expensive), since I don't live in the UK.

Regards