1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Mission M30 powered by Yamaha 1500- Overkill ??

Discussion in 'Home Cinema Speakers' started by Novi, Dec 28, 2004.

1. Novi

Novi

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Here's the problem....would a Yam 1500 be an overkill for the Mission M30 speakers ?? Would the Wharfedale Diamond 9 Home Cinema Pack be a better choice ??

I've pretty much shortlisted the Yam 1500 (over the Yam 750) as the Amp...and now am struggling with the speakers. I dont have too big a room (16ft by 11 ft) . Another alternative would be the AE Evo Pack 3B...but am concerned that they may be too big for the room.

I'd be doing an equal amount of music and TV..thus the speakers would need to be 'musical'

Any thoughts or views would be appreciated !!

2. Tejstar

Tejstar

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,005
    Welcome to the forums :thumbsup:

To be honest, I would think the Yamaha 750 would be more than good enough for the Mission M30 & Wharfedale HCP package. Can I ask why are you so keen on the 1500 over the 750?

3. Dfour

Dfour

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +85
    I think the whafedale package would be the best of the small packages but the evo series would blow it away. The only problem is you need the keep the evo 3's 1 metre away from any walls and corners otherwise they can boom and the evo 1's also work with a little breathing room.

4. Smurfin

Smurfin

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +4,172
    ..although you can look at it another way, if you can afford it, why not buy the bigger amp? If you're like most of us here, you'll be wanting to upgrade different parts of your setup in no time:)

5. Tejstar

Tejstar

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,005
    That's why I thought I'd save him some money for when upgraditis sets in :laugh:

6. Dfour

Dfour

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +85
    No just buy the best amp (1500) as if you 'settle' for the 750 you will always be wondering what your missing out on and then 'upgradeitus' will set in far quicker. The 1400 is a superb amp so the 1500 should be better :D

Another option is this Evo pack
    http://www.superfi.co.uk/index.cfm/page/moreinfo.cfm/Product_ID/1311

Which leaves you som money over to get a sub like the Raurk vita 100 or the xls200 from www.bkelec.com or even a MS 309:D

7. Novi

Novi

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    hi guys...thanks for the responses...

Well the 1500 was because i had budgeted £420 for the 750...and then discovered the 1500 for £420 from Germany...and like Dfour said might as well go for i.

I did demo the EVO3b package ..and though it was amazing...i realised that the speakers needed SPACE to do their stuff.....and with the space constraints i have ...that could be a problem. The centre wont take too well with wall mounting and it was BIG..

So seem to be back to the MIssion M30 or Wharfedale....however with the 120 watts per channel on the 1500 amp...isnt there a problem as both the speaker packs are rated at 75 watts per channel

Anyone out there who owns either of the above ??

Inputs ...thoughts would be most appreciated

8. pragmatic

pragmatic

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,678
    I should think, unless you have a very large room, you will not blow the speakers. But if you do have a large room maybe look at the M32 as it's the 30's bigger brother and has higher power handling ect.. It's not as cute but poportionaly i believe it is simiolarly dimentoned.