1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Mission M30 in Silver

Discussion in 'Home Cinema Speakers' started by nheather, Jan 5, 2005.

1. nheather

nheather
    Distinguished Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +4,554
    Has anyone got or seen the Mission M30 Cinema set in Silver.

I've not managed to find a local shop that has Mission M30s at all let alone in silver. Most of the assistants look down their noses at me for daring to suggest a package under £800. Also all the pictures I can find show the black versions.

So:

(i) Can anyone point me at pictures of the silver models
    (ii) What is the finish like - is it sprayed MDF, wood, plastic ?
    (iii) Is the M30i worth having over the older M30

Cheers,

Nigel

2. Astaroth

Astaroth

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +117
    Have seen them - they looked ok but I personally prefer the look of 'wood' finishes (though I know the cinema M30 doesnt have this option)

If you are having problems locating them then http://www.superfi.co.uk/index.cfm/page/moreinfo.cfm/product_id/1859 have them in silver but the usual black picture

The i versions of the speakers have certainly been an improvement over the non-i versions for the floor standing M70 range and M30 range from what I have heard - the standmount versions of the these though tended to get better reviews on the non-i versions and so the improvement may not be as noticable. I wasnt aware that they are now doing a Cinema M30i package yet and so do not know the price differences to say if it is worth it or not.

The cabinates are of an MDF construction and so I would assume that they simply cover that with a silver coloured vinyre but dont quote me on that one

3. MillionDollar

MillionDollar
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I have found these speakers really good, I went around testing others, I got the same look when I said I don;t want to spend too much,

I got mine from http://www.hifix.co.uk/
    They have silver and black.

Realyl helpful guys. They did forget to send me my SubWoofer but I received it the next day.

Price from them £400

hope this helps

4. nsherin

nsherin

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +23
    Dunno about the Cinema package, but I know you can get the m30's as a pair in silver, as my local dealer (Now That's Hifi) in Portsmouth stock them in that colour. Price diffence for a pair is £20 - £90 for the non 'i' version and £110 for the 'i' version. Apparently the main difference is an upgraded crossover. Haven't heard the 'i' version, so cannot comment on the difference, but the non 'i''s are pretty good!