1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Mission M30 Cinema Pack and Setup

Discussion in 'Subwoofers' started by Biffa, Sep 15, 2004.

1. Biffa

Biffa

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi all,

I've just upgrade to the Mission M30 Cinema pack, (upgraded to 6.1) and wanted some help with setting it up please.

I've got it all attached to the Denon AVR-1705 and have my speakers set to small in the amp setup. The thing I am not sure on is what to set the sub crossover to on my amp setup and on the sub itself...

Any ideas?

(BTW - I tried Gladiator to see what difference the DTS-ES made and wowwww - it blew me away...my previous system was a Sony All in one so the diference to me was pretty amazing.)

Thanks for your help guys :thumbsup:
    Regards
    Steve

2. Ian J

Ian J
    Banned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +4,906
    I don't know what alternatives you have for setting the sub crossover in the Denon amp but set it to the lowest one (hopefully 80Hz which is the THX recommended crossover)

You don't want the crossover in the sub to be active as well as the crossover in the amp so either switch off the sub crossover if there is a switch or else switch the crossover as high as possible.

3. Biffa

Biffa

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi,
    Thanks for the advice. I think I see what you mean. So if I put the setting on the Sub itself to the highest which is 150hz (it goes from 60-150) and then I have a switch on the sub that can turn it "on" or "off" or "auto". So i would set this to "on".

And then on the amp I would set the crossover to 80hz (or lower if I can?).

Does this sound right to you?

I also have an LFE switch on my sub which I have set to "on" and a phase switch which I can set at either "0" or "180", I ahve it at "0".

At least when i know where to start I can then tweak it to suit my ears from there! :)

Thanks for your help.

Cheers
    Steve

4. Ian J

Ian J
    Banned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +4,906
    Everything is correct so far but I forgot to mention the phase switch. For most people this is kept at zero but if you have more than one sub or it is well away from the plane of the other three speakers you may prefer to reverse the phase. Simply switching from one to the other should tell you which is the correct position

5. Biffa

Biffa

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Cool - thanks. My sub is off to the side of my main 3 speakers so I will flick the phase switch and see which sounds best.

Cheers for the help :thumbsup:
    Steve