Mission M2ss and M2sc

Discussion in 'Home Cinema Speakers' started by rich tee, Mar 24, 2006.

1. rich tee

rich tee

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +7
    I'm in danger of being laughed off this forum, but here goes.

I've got a mix and match system.
    JPW Minims bookshelf F/L/R
    Gale centre 10
    Paradgim 150 sub
    Wharfdale flat panels rears
    Yamaha RXV-350 amp.

I was considering buying a Mission M2SC centre and 2 Mission M2SS as fronts, ditching the flat panels and replacing them with the JPWS and keeping the sub and amp the same.

I only hear faint noises coming from the flat panels and really tinny sounds.

2. bu5ter

bu5ter

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +116
    I had the Mission M2s set for about a week on trial and even after running in they are seriously lacking they just dont go low enough for me. I swapped for the Mission M70s for fronts richer sounds 70ish quid, Eltax Symphony Centre which matches them colour wise spot on for £15 bargain of the century. I still have the M2sas sub coz it was the best part of this pack.

3. Jammyb

Jammyb

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +576
    Richersounds saw you coming mate :p

Only joking. Have you tried adjusting the levels with the test tone so that your rear speakers are the same volume as the front and center?

I assume you have the supplied 'bass box' connected up to the flat panels? Or they are gonna sound very tinny.

The Mission M2SS is a rear effects speaker no? You want the M2S I think. though personally I'd be tempted to get something a bit beefier. Have a look on Ebay maybe and you might be able to get a whole 5 speaker package for not too much money.

4. rich tee

rich tee

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +7
    Cheers Guys
    Yes I have a Tandy test tone meter, and no I haven't included the bass box speaker.
    I did use it one time when I used them as front speakers, but it wasn't popular wiv er in doors.
    I didn't really like the way it sounded, the flat panels look clever but don't sound clever used as rears.
    I also have buried the speaker wires in the wall so I don't wanna mess around setting up the boom box again really. But thanks for your guidance.