Mission M Cube Sub Woofer problem

Discussion in 'Home Cinema Buying & Building' started by DanShep23, Jun 16, 2015.

1. DanShep23

DanShep23
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I am looking for some help with identifying a problem with my home cinema set up.

I have a 5.1 mini set up with B&W M1 speakers, Mission M Cube Sub Woofer and a Sony STR1050 Receiver.

The left front speaker does not work the speaker is fine as it works as the right front or centre, I have recently replaced the receiver so I know the receiver is fine so I am thinking that it must be the sub woofer ? as I am not experienced in these things I really do not want to replace the sub woofer without knowing that it is the problem could anybody offer me some help or advice ?

Danny

2. NonPayingMember

NonPayingMember
    Previously Liam @ Prog AV

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +830
    Start from the top. Do any of the other speakers work in the left speaker outlet on the AV receiver? If not then it's the amp or cable. If you run a short cable just from the amp directly into a speaker does it work? If not it's the amp.

I assume you are testing using a test tone within the amp?

3. DanShep23

DanShep23
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Thanks for the reply, I will try the above but it cannot be the amp as I have replaced it with a new one and the same problem is still evident, yes I am using the test tone to check and no other speakers work on the left I will try a short speaker cable straight into the amp to see if that works then if that works then it is either the speaker cable or the sub woofer I am assuming ?

Thanks again
    Danny

4. NonPayingMember

NonPayingMember
    Previously Liam @ Prog AV

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +830
    Not sure the subwoofer should have anything to do with it. Could be wired up wrong?