1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

MISSION IMPOSSIBLE REGION 1 DVD

Discussion in 'Movie Forum' started by Homer.J, Oct 30, 2000.

1. Homer.J

Homer.J

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Forgive me for being dim, but i'm new to all this DVD, home cinema stuff!!! I've just bought a pioneer nvds55 and had it set up for multiregion and then to knock the stuffing out of me the sales assist (commission based i add) tells me MI2 won't play along with a few other titles!!!!! Can any of you cool, far greater advanced people out there point me in the right direction???

2. Arthur.S

Arthur.S

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Homer,
    Don't know your player, but I'll assume the salesman is telling you it won't play certain titles because of the new RCE. (regional coding enhancement). Can it be manually put into R1 or R2? If so, you should be OK. In fact a lot of people seem to be OK even with auto region change.

------------------
    www.baldyplex.com

3. Ono

Ono

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +103
    MI:2 is NOT RCE.

It plays on my 4 year old Phillips where The Patriot would not.

4. Homer.J

Homer.J

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Thanks for your time guys, just to show my manners the DVD player in question is set up for multiregion and is reviewed in oct test bench and it's pretty cool.....so far.....

5. PoochJD

PoochJD

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,862
    Homer,

Just out of plain curiousity, which company did you purchase your machine from? And was it the same firm who "chipped" your machine to make in multi-regional?

Pooch

6. Homer.J

Homer.J

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Sorry for not replying earlier, purchased from a firm called Hi-Spek based in finchley,north london,they sold it pre chipped, don't know if it was them or a previous manufacturer...You thinking of buying one or do you know something i should know ????

7. D J Fryer

D J Fryer

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +12
    Homer,

I have found someone else who has bought this - yeehhaaahh! What do you think of the system so far? In terms of multi-region capability you should call Hi-spek and ask them if the player is auto or manual region select? I haven't tried playing an R1 disk on mine yet but I have been assured by the retailer that it will play even RCE R1 discs. I bought from www.leconcepts.com and I understand that they use the mod supplied by www.upgradeheaven.co.uk Try and borrow an R1 disc..?

Let me know what you think of the system though - how loud have you had it - only taken the volume up to 18 and that is pretty damn loud (on Ronin).

Dan