1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Mission: Impossible - Operation Surma or Rainbow 3???

Discussion in 'Nintendo Forums' started by MarkR, Dec 20, 2003.

1. MarkR

MarkR

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +299
    The other half has asked me what game she should buy me for Xmas either Mission: Impossible - Operation Surma or Tom Clancys Rainbow Six 3.
    Any advice would be greatly appreciated!!:)

2. andy572

andy572
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2
    Hi, Mark.

I've not played either, but if the on-line buzz regarding Rainbow Six 3 is anything to go by (allied with the fact that the other title is a license... I leave the inference to you! :D ), I'd take your second option. In fact, at some point, I intend to :smashin:

More helpfully, the couple of Operation Surma previews and reviews that I've read suggest that it is nothing more than an 'average' game - at best. Particular note of the unwieldy game 'camera' is usually made too, so if you don't fancy fighting against the game engine in order to get good gameplay, it may not be the best choice.

Please note again however, that I haven't played the game. I'm simply relaying what appears to be common sentiment.

Reviews of Rainbox Six generally seem to suggest a great game, with friendly control, nice visuals and a constant tension that adds to the feeling of immersion. It's seemingly a game that makes you return for more.

That help? Enjoy your choice anyway. Oh, and...

Merry Christmas! :clap:

3. MarkR

MarkR

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +299
    Thanks for the reply Andy, I have been swayed more towards Rainbow Six 3 the more I read about it.
    However I have just read somewhere that Links 2004 was released on the 5th December, dont know if this is true but I will certainly have a quick hunt around!!!

Have a good Christmas!!!:smashin:

4. 7 of 9

7 of 9
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    i say go for rainbow six 3, its a great game and very realistic