Mission: Impossible - Fallout Review & Comments

Casimir Harlow

Movies Editor
Reaction score
i really try to avoid the cinema and have already double last years visits this year (twice with IW and DP2)..... it looks like im going all out for 3rd visit this year... :D

When will film companies see fit to allow me to watch a blockbuster at home on the same day as watching it at a cinema.
The former, I will happily pay a premium for, the latter I do not want to pay a premium for.

Sometimes I do enjoy the collective experience of the cinema (Se7en, Toy Story 3, Greatest Showman, Matrix all for various reasons).
However, especially now that I am 4k and Atmos capable, I would like to have the option of home viewing.

There is an increasing and massive untapped market.

Great review, can't wait for this. Love the Mission:Impossible series. Time to re-watch the first five now.

Thanks for the great review Casimir. One can easily get fed up with these action-adventure films, but that's because most come a poor second to the Mission:Impossible series, and Rogue Nation was quite superb. Like other folk, it takes a lot to drag me to the cinema these days, but I reckon I'll make an exception for this one. Goody!

When will film companies see fit to allow me to watch a blockbuster at home on the same day as watching it at a cinema.
The former, I will happily pay a premium for, the latter I do not want to pay a premium for.

Sometimes I do enjoy the collective experience of the cinema (Se7en, Toy Story 3, Greatest Showman, Matrix all for various reasons).
However, especially now that I am 4k and Atmos capable, I would like to have the option of home viewing.

There is an increasing and massive untapped market.

How much premium you are willing to pay? google prima cinema to see

Many thanks for the review Cas,

Rather annoyingly I will likely have to wait for a watch at home, but definitely something to look forward to and add to the collection.

Thanks!

Wow!!! Beyond expectations. The trailers look so visceral, I can't wait! Thanks Cas

How much premium you are willing to pay? google prima cinema to see

There has been talk for awhile that Kaleidescape are close to being able to offer Movie purchases immediately after they finish their cinema run. But Also a premium service, and no doubt something like $50 per movie will be the asking price.

There has been talk for awhile that Kaleidescape are close to being able to offer Movie purchases immediately after they finish their cinema run. But Also a premium service, and no doubt something like $50 per movie will be the asking price.

i'd pay that - once i factor in tickets for the wife and I plus popcorn, petrol and the general faff of cinema.... $50 is fine for a couple of times a year.

A series that started strong then lost it's way a bit, only to get better and better with each instalment. High praise indeed.

Looking forward to this one!

I have really liked all of these films (even MI:2) and have revisited all 5 from my blu ray collection this week - darn it Cas you may have "made" me want to buy them again on UHD with your reviews

cant wait for this one at the local Imax

thanks Cas - very envious you got to see this one early - a reward for your positive reviews of the 4K re-issue set?

Looking forward to this one, thanks Cas, although I skipped the review - I literally don't want to know anything about this, other than it is brilliant!!

Think I might wait until I watch this at home though as I feel the experience is better in my instance, this includes no popcorn eaters, mobile phone users, seat kickers and annoying talkers.

I have really liked all of these films (even MI:2) and have revisited all 5 from my blu ray collection this week - darn it Cas you may have "made" me want to buy them again on UHD with your reviews

cant wait for this one at the local Imax

thanks Cas - very envious you got to see this one early - a reward for your positive reviews of the 4K re-issue set?

I wish it worked that way, although maybe it was karma, lol!

Looking forward to this one, thanks Cas, although I skipped the review - I literally don't want to know anything about this, other than it is brilliant!!

Think I might wait until I watch this at home though as I feel the experience is better in my instance, this includes no popcorn eaters, mobile phone users, seat kickers and annoying talkers.

It's worth the risk. Although there were a few nice chuckles, cinema was silent, particularly during the jaw-dropping moments, literally edge of seat, and there were 600 people there. Conversely, the film got a standing ovation come the end, which was really something you don't get at home.

Thanks for a riveting review Cas :thumbsup:
I've watched all the other films in the series at Home, but this one sounds like it might need a trip to the Cinema! :)

Sorry, but I really hate reviewers that take any opportunity to have a dig at other franchises in the same genre.

I get it. You're not keen on some of the recent Bond films. I really couldn't care, so why not focus on the film in question instead of cheap pot shots at others?

Personally I loved Ghost Protocol but thought Rogue Nation was dull. I'll see Fallout though. Cruise is getting on a bit though now.

*Rustle Rustle*

It's worth the risk. Although there were a few nice chuckles, cinema was silent, particularly during the jaw-dropping moments, literally edge of seat, and there were 600 people there. Conversely, the film got a standing ovation come the end, which was really something you don't get at home.

Thanks for the review Cas. I am itching for this!!

Forgive me for my ignorance, how do you see the films so early? Do you get invited to a preview? Or do you apply?

I also thought the "world premiere" was only last night in Paris!!

You forgot to mention the late arrivals who stop and stand in front of their seat, slowly removing their jackets and getting themselves comfortable, making sure they don't miss any of the action, all the while everyone else behind them can't see
Untitled.png

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom