1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

MISSION IMPOSSIBLE 2

Discussion in 'Movie Forum' started by forrestgump, Nov 12, 2000.

1. forrestgump

forrestgump

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +49
    JUST WATCHED MI 2 ON REGION 1. WHAT A LOAD OF GARBAGE. NO ACTION FOR 1ST HOUR THEN NEGLIGABLE EXCITEMENT. JOHN WOO'S WORST EFFORT.

SELLING IT OR SWAPPING, ANYONE INTERESTED, WANT ABYSS SPECIAL EDITION OR AMERICAN BEAUTY.

ALSO AVAILABLE FOR SWAP IS I KNOW WHAT YOU DID LAST SUMMER AND THE CUBE.

d.brook@ntlworld.com

2. Arthur.S

Arthur.S

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Forrest. Shuuuush, you're hurtin' my ears!
    The powers that be obviously think that someone is going to buy this crap...I've just produced around 800,000 video covers for MI2 at work today!!

------------------
    www.baldyplex.com

3. Rachael Bitchlist

Rachael Bitchlist

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +70
    Gump, the rock climbing thang was a nice beginning. His job is so dangerous that this climbing is what he does to relax! The theame music is wonderful too, but after that it is utterly pathetic IMO. I saw this mess in the cinema, you could not pay me to view it again, well maybe? Best wishes!

------------------

Rachael, the big disc cat!

4. MJ

MJ

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +4
    To the uninitiated how does it compare to the first movie? I wasn't impressed with the clip I saw of the motorbike dual. This does not bode well.

[This message has been edited by MJ (edited 13-11-2000).]

5. Rachael Bitchlist

Rachael Bitchlist

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +70
    MJ, I think it's better than the first movie, slightly. But, that's not saying much. I hated the first one. What really irks me the most is, the rubber faces. they impersonate anybody at a moments notice. YEA! It takes about 60 seconds to put this stuff on and master someone else's voice. There's alot of chasing, cars, motor bikes, helicopters, this is a ready substitute for unimportant things like, say, plot! Of this summer's films, the only one I thought was worse was BATTLEFIELD EARTH. I'd call this thing Mission Retarded. I'd suggest folks rent this thing if they feel compeled to see it. It's an instantly disposable film IMO. Love that theame music though! Best wishes!

------------------

Rachael, the big disc cat!

6. YETi

YETi

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    At the end of the day it's horses for courses but I thought MI2 was one of the better action movies released to date. Admittedly the rubber face impersonation element has now been done to death, but no matter how many times they do it you never notice [​IMG] Also the film seems to have about 30 minutes of slow motion, annoying in some places yet in others perfect!

I always find the Directors commentary gives a better insight and understanding of the final result you are watching, for me MI2 is an essential purchase 9/10.

MJ you weren't impressed with the motorbike dual? [​IMG] You checked your pulse lately? [​IMG]

Oh is there any need to write in CAPS?

7. Mr.D

Mr.D

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,150
    Well it is what it is at the end of the day. I do think its much better than the first one but then I'd rather have a root canal than sit through that one again.

My missus liked it much more than I did and I worked on it! (maybe its a chick flick) I've seen it twice now and found it improved on repeated viewing. ( I do like the way it goes into overdrive after the lab sequence 24 hrs to save the earth and all that)

Its fun its cheesy and its very flash. At least it managed that much and looking at the rest of the dross released recently thats no mean feat.

8. MJ

MJ

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +4
    Help someone call a medic I think I od'd on Star Wars on Sunday. No it's OK just put MI on and it started again.....phew. Thought I was a gonner then.

C'mon jousting on horseback, pistols at dawn but motorbikes? I'm still going to get it nontheless. I'm a sucker for punishment.

9. Guest

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I much preferred Mi1 to Mi2.

Mi2 was just a complete mess; a pointless 'American James Bond' flick with nothing to link a rather lame number of set pieces devised by the increasingly stale Mr Woo.

At least Mi1 had some similarity to the TV show.

------------------
    "I amaze myself sometimes, I'm always thinking"