Mission: Impossible 1-5 (4K UHD/Blu-ray Steelbooks)

RedDevil85

Outstanding Member
Reaction score
Purchase links,

Zavvi: M:I 1 - M:I 2 - M:I 3 - M:I 4 - M:I 5

Zoom: M:I 1 - M:I 2 - M:I 3 - M:I 4 - M:I 5

Release date: 02/07/2018

mi1-jpg.1017285

Attachments

• MI1.jpg
    MI1.jpg
    83 KB · Views: 1,161
  • MI2.jpg
    MI2.jpg
    75.2 KB · Views: 216
  • MI3.jpg
    MI3.jpg
    78.4 KB · Views: 169
  • MI4.jpg
    MI4.jpg
    71.1 KB · Views: 166
  • MI5.jpg
    MI5.jpg
    84 KB · Views: 178
Last edited:
Same steelbooks as in Europe but with the 4K discs.
Looks like MI-1, MI-4 and the upcoming MI-6 have received 4K masters.
The others will be upscaled from 2K.
Where'd you get that from? I was under the impression MI 1 and 2 have received new 4K masters, with 4 already having one. Only 3 and 5 are likely to be sourced from a 2k master..

I won't be buying these steels, as I have the 1-4 play steels and a FAC edition of 5. Will buy all eventually if there's a boxset, or just 1-4 if they are individuals. Judging by transformers though and the US also receiving individuals here, we're likely to get a boxset I imagine.

EDIT ... base does have these all listed as individuals however, but the date is a week later and tbh base's data has been pretty sketchy this year imo. I hoping for a boxset i can eventually get for £50ish quid like the transformers one.

Last edited:
Will these be available in a non steelbook edition ?
yes. unsure whether that'll be individually or as a box set as of yet though. probably be up before the end of the month though.

Purchase links...

Zavvi: Coming soon

Zoom: M:I 1 - M:I 2 - M:I 3 - M:I 4 - M:I 5

Release date: 02/07/2018

mi1-jpg.1017285

Of course I'm going to get the 4Ks and the OCD in me really wants a uniform steelbook set (assuming Fallout falls in line with the others), so this could have been an easy sell but these are just lazy designs.

The first one is ok, just about, excepting the fact that Cruise looks like he's still wearing his makeup from Interview with the Vampire. The second looks poor, like he's wearing a wig. The third is ok. The fourth is abysmal (is he climbing sideways on The Shard?) and the fifth is ok. That's not exactly crying out "double dip on these hunks of tin NOW".

Most of the problems are from the crazy logo designs. On the first, they blot out the train, on the fourth film they blot out the building, and for the fifth they blot out the shot of Cruise on the damn plane.

It's a shame that the clearly vaguely talented individual who created them was clearly not much of a fans of the movies themselves.

I hoping for a boxset i can eventually get for £50ish quid like the transformers one.
That set is already down to £34 on Zavvi so it could pay off waiting a while for a M:I set then. I'm in no rush anyway and certainly not dropping £100 on the steels that's for sure.

That set is already down to £34 on Zavvi so it could pay off waiting a while for a M:I set then. I'm in no rush anyway and certainly not dropping £100 on the steels that's for sure.
exactly! i think the previous 5 steels i have are FAR superior anyway.. even if they dont match lol
I've always hated the image on RN, but the FAC fullslip and lenticular magnet totally make up for it.

I can see these getting the spot gloss & debossed title treatment like the collection steelbook did.
I'm not getting these though, unless i get them all for £5/piece.
M-I Fallout is probably not going to match :D

Edit:
For those who don't care about the 4K
Europe gets these cheaper with standard blu-rays
European Releases Discussion Thread (Blu-ray Steelbook)

Last edited:
Zavvi links added to OP.
Undercutting zoom by a pound. Sneeky lol
Definitely holding for a standard boxset tho, Japan have one listed so it's likely to happen especially given the uk paramount history.

Undercutting zoom by a pound. Sneeky lol
Definitely holding for a standard boxset tho, Japan have one listed so it's likely to happen especially given the uk paramount history.

No buy all 5 offer though so they missed a trick there.
Yeah will wait it out, as I said before I'm in no rush, plenty to be catching up on.

@Dixie4 @samdavies Amazon now have a listing up for a box set so it's coming (thread in 4K section), just got to wait a while for the right price!
it's on zavvi now too, for the same £120! lol imagine it'll be about £80 on release, but I'm not paying that either. About £40/50 sits right with me, depending on the reviews. The waiting game begins...

Last edited:
it's on zavvi now too, for the same £120! lol imagine it'll be about £80 on release, but I'm not paying that either. About £40/50 sits right with me, depending on the reviews. The waiting game begins...

Zoom are in at £80 so good call, £72 with usual code, just needs another £32 off! :D

Zoom are in at £80 so good call, £72 with usual code, just needs another £32 off! :D
Thought so, same as transformers. Yeah at a tenner a film, I'll be sold, but not at much more tbh.

I do not like the US press release from paramount for these... it's suggesting that only 5 has an atmos soundtrack! no mention of the others....

EDIT - 5.1 TrueHD tracks for 1-3 according to nordic stock art and zoom's listings. With 4 having the same 7.1 track too. Bit lazy imo, but at least it's lossless i suppose.

Last edited:
I do not like the US press release from paramount for these... it's suggesting that only 5 has an atmos soundtrack! no mention of the others....

EDIT - 5.1 TrueHD tracks for 1-3 according to nordic stock art and zoom's listings. With 4 having the same 7.1 track too. Bit lazy imo, but at least it's lossless i suppose.

Well i'm sure you know that disc 5 has an Atmos soundtrack on Blu Ray.

Well i'm sure you know that disc 5 has an Atmos soundtrack on Blu Ray.
yes i've got it, so was expecting that. Shame paramount didn't opt to up the others, or atleast no4 with it's 7.1 already there, as well.. but as i said, at least there is actually lossless audio on the first 3 now :rotfl:

Pictures from Caly (French Standard blu-ray Release)
Treatment: Glossy (No embossing/debossing)
FYI: Same inside artwork for all the films

img_5638-jpg-e08c155dc467e26b59e49c7ec3c75915-jpg.1035371
img_5639-jpg-c9bf5a087d78102b4c712f17f561e813-jpg.1035372

Attachments

• IMG_5638.JPG.e08c155dc467e26b59e49c7ec3c75915.JPG
    IMG_5638.JPG.e08c155dc467e26b59e49c7ec3c75915.JPG
    202.2 KB · Views: 930
  • IMG_5639.JPG.c9bf5a087d78102b4c712f17f561e813.JPG
    IMG_5639.JPG.c9bf5a087d78102b4c712f17f561e813.JPG
    131.1 KB · Views: 496
is £89 a good price for all 5 of these ?

is £89 a good price for all 5 of these ?
compared to RRP and Zoom's £100 offer, yes. Are they actually worth that much money themselves, debatable :rotfl:

im sure you've paid more of less for worse :p

Im sure we all have :rotfl::rotfl::rotfl:

I just don't like these steels that's all. I picked up the original play.com steels of the 1st 4 and the FAC E2 of the 5th for about £55, and i'll wait on the 4k set until it's sub £50. So netnet for me :D

The latest video from AVForums

Is Home Theater DEAD in 2024?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom