1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Mission FS2's - where White is not "All White!"

Discussion in 'Home Cinema Speakers' started by Scart2RGB, Feb 26, 2001.

1. Scart2RGB

Scart2RGB

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I received my eagerly anticipated Mission FS2 AV package last week, to see 4 satellite speakers in white cases - with a grey Screen! "Hmm...", was my reaction, must be a packaging problem. Carried on with installation, assuming a simple phone call will correct my little problem. Imagine my disbelief this morning to be told, "that’s how they come now" - due to a manufacturing issue with the white fabric. No work around, a calming assurance of a fix is on its way - NOTHING... What’s going on Mission - when your customers pay extra £'s and sacrifice sound quality for aesthetics, why do you think this is not going to be a problem - what are you thinking? If I wanted grey speakers, don’t you think I would have ordered them? Has anyone else experienced this? What is your reaction, and what do you propose to do about it?

Meanwhile, I’ll assume this is a temporary problem, and white screens are coming my way soon?!

2. Mark P

Mark P

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    scart,
    i went to my local sevenoaks to demo these speakers last week, the sales assistant had to set them up from scratch. he opened a fresh box and they were WHITE, so theres still some around.
    p.s i thought these speakers were bloody fantastic when listening to mission impossible 2 with the denon 2801 receiver.But i'm like you, when i 've saved up a few more £notes i will want the white speakers.
    let us know how you get on.

3. Scart2RGB

Scart2RGB

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Latest is... this modification is due to white screens showing the black of the speaker panel behind (can't that be coloured white?) affects the way the speaker looks. I would like to be the judge of that, as I don't remember thinking that was a problem when I saw them (and beleive me, I had a bloody good look).

On a brighter note, the sound is great (on a Sony STR940), although my room may need a little extra bass at the rear of the room (Mission recommend sub woof at front near screen). I have a large'ish room 4.5m x 5.5m.

4. ZZR

ZZR

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi guys,

If you would like to share your views of the FS2, we'd appreciate any critical reviews you could come up with:
    http://www.flat-speaker.co.uk/default.asp?loc=AddReview.asp?

Also, this newsgtoup might interest you:

Post message: MissionFS2AV@yahoogroups.com
    Subscribe: MissionFS2AV-subscribe@yahoogroups.com