Mission fs2av OR m72?

Discussion in 'Home Cinema Speakers' started by jfc, Jan 19, 2002.

1. jfc

jfc

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi folks,

System is Sony 1070 amp + no sub + no centre + tannoy mx1 (destined for hi-fi) + old mini system for 3 rears. (as per earlier post of course, thanks for responses).

I only have a small 4x4m room with TV in corner ie. not perfect but Mrs JFC wouldn't have it any other way.

I'd like to go for a speaker package : given limited £400ish budget it looks like m72 or fs2 speaker sets. Clause is Mrs. JFC wouldn't even have speaker stands by the TV so am I right to assume that the FS system is better if they front two need to be on the floor?

J.

2. MartinCo

MartinCo
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    the fs2-av sounds like it suits your needs..., that is you can't easily fit in conventional speakers or the missus wont allow you to.

@£800 they were good but a little bit expensive, £400-500 now they are excellent value and can beat most if not all in that range and above.

not sure what you mean about the speakers needing to be on the floor.
    the fs2s are supplied with stands so you can put them on window sills, tables etc.. they are very easy to wallmount as well.
    you can stick the fronts & rears up high on the walls, or just below picture rails.

jfc... hmmm I work with a jfc who lives wirral/ chester way... not one and the same I assume.. john?

3. jfc

jfc

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Cheers.

Quite possibly the very same. Thats another 'hobby' out the bag.

J.

4. MartinCo

MartinCo
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    jfc...know anything about networks & liver birds?

;)