1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Mission FS2AV - Mounting on the wall

Discussion in 'Home Cinema Speakers' started by EmissarY, Jan 9, 2004.

1. EmissarY

EmissarY

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hiya,

I was wondering if anyone who has these speakers has had problems mounting them in the corners of their rooms?

I bought these as my room is relatively small and after hearing all the good responses, it fell within my student budget.

In the manual it says to take off the grill and remove the speakers then mount the back plate to the wall with screws.

I am hesitant to do this in case I damage them.

Can anyone who has done this tell me if they found it easy to do or not? I know that last statement sounds kinda dumbassed but I want to be sure before I attempt this.

I dont really want to get wall mounts cause then the speakers would not really 'disappear' into my room.

Lastly, when running in new speakers, what exactly should I be using to run them in?

It says run the flat panles in for 24 hours, so should I just put a few movies and favourite cds on? And how loud should I be driving them?

Cheers,

EmissarY

Oh PS. I am using a Denon 2802 receiver to drive these together with Denon DVD 700 player.

2. Juiceloose

Juiceloose

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +110
    Emissary,

You should have no problem mounting them on the wall. When I owned the speakers I mounted them on the wall without problem. Just pull off the front cover and there is a spring clip at the top and bottom which will allow you to take out the flat panel speaker.

This leaves the housing which you then mount to the wall with screws. You should also have a roll of sticky foam to go between the back of the housing and the wall to prevent the housing vibrating against the wall.

Juiceloose.

3. EmissarY

EmissarY

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Thanx 4 your response, I think I will give it a go.

By the way did they sound good on the wall?

And how do u run them in?

Cheers,

EmissarY

:)

4. Juiceloose

Juiceloose

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +110
    EmissarY,

I had mine on stands orginally but when mounted to the wall it provided a little more bass reinforcement to the speakers.

I didn't particularly bother about running them in, I just turned on and listened. Obviously the more you use them in the first few days/weeks the quicker they will "bed" in and sound.

I'm sure you will enjoy them.

Cheers,

Juiceloose.