1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Mission FS2AV - Alternative Connectivity

Discussion in 'Home Cinema Speakers' started by EmissarY, Jan 29, 2004.

1. EmissarY

EmissarY

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hello All,

I have just wired up this package but the ghastly flat cabling is proving to be an eye sore.

Can anyone provide some information regarding alternative cable that can be used.

For example, can I use QED stuff?

I just want to be able to hide the things away.

Or am I stuck using these? I am sure I have read that the cable is specific for the flat panels....anyone else out there using other stuff?

Please help.

Cheers,

EmissarY

2. EmissarY

EmissarY

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Anyone???

3. al5x

al5x

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    EmissarY,

I emailed Mission this very same question a couple of days ago, the reply was you can use any cable you wish and they apparently have adaptors/connectors for this very purpose...

I'd suggest dropping them an email yourself on technical@mission.co.uk if you've got any similar questions...they got back to me within 48hrs.

Aleks.

4. EmissarY

EmissarY

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Thank you 4 your response. WOOHOO! I guess a phone call to them is on the cards.

Cheers.

5. bobbypunk

bobbypunk

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    You can wire this pack as a normal speaker pack rather than through the sub, the sound was much better like this.
    The strangest thing about the pack is that it sounds best when the sattelites are in the top corners of the room and the sub stands upright in the corner.
    You don't need adaptors to use any speaker wire (just a screw driver).

6. EmissarY

EmissarY

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I am a bit confused about this.

According to Mission and a previous thread I read on the forum, you cant connect these speakers directly to an amp/reciever as they dont sound as good, you have to use the sub to power them.

Can anyone substatiate this a bit further please?

7. bobbypunk

bobbypunk

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    i tried them both ways and it sounded better directly connected you just have to make sure the amp knows they are small so the sub get's the bass. NXT panels should be able to handle the treble and most of the midrange.
    I was quite dissapointed when i set them up as told by the instructions, but changed them to be connected directly, still not a great fan but it worked.

8. yimpster

yimpster

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +16
    I'd totally disagree with that. I've got the FSAV2 pack and wired them directly to my Denon 2802 amp and they were ghastly. Though i guess it could be down to the amp settings, as i'm no wizard.

I also tried setting them up with my Denon stereo amp, soooo bad.

Perhaps others will have better success.