Mission FS2 v. Mission Cinema 7 pk

Discussion in 'Home Cinema Speakers' started by Pids, Oct 17, 2002.

1. Pids

Pids

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Thinking about one of these two sets, Any ideas onwhat woul dbe best with Marantz 4200?

Ina room about 14x14feet.

Richer sounds are doing Mission cinema 7 at £399.95

Hifibitz do Mission FS 2AV for £449.

Help again please

2. Tejpal

Tejpal

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Mission cinema 77 package looks very good.

[Daft remark deleted by admin.]

(dont quote me on that, Its not factual)

[Well why did you write it, then?!!! - admin]

I would get the cinema 77 if you can get it..

I have heard FS2, and im not impressed, it sounds really cheap. It has lots of bass and treble, but the mid gets abit lost.

Im not very keen on packages that has tiny sattalite speakers and a sub. They will NEVER sound as good as having some full range speakers.

I would get some full range speakers like in the cinema 77 package, and get a good sub later, if you need one....

Its more of a long term investment in my opinion.

But if space is tight, go for a package.

3. Pids

Pids

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Thanks,

Are we talking about the same Mission Cinema 7 pack. The One Richer sounds are talking about Is called a Mission Cinema 7 Pack

which comprises
    2 x 773e floorstanders.
    2 x 77ds bi-polar rears.
    1 x 77c1 centre speaker.

4. Geezer

Geezer

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +25
    I think you mean Mission 77 series package, Which is what i have, although got it a bit cheaper than richers have it, i love it beautiful speakers and the rears are superb.

5. Bleach

Bleach

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    You've got a slight problem here mate because everyone is going to tell you to get the system that they've got! :rolleyes: :)

I've got the FS2 (2 sets for 7.1 sound) and the sound IMHO is fantastic! They're also great if you've got 'wife factor' or dont want huge ugly boxes all around your room, I've painted the plastic cases and covered the grills and they disapear into the walls, together with the flat speaker cable and hang on the wall plasma. Dont be fooled by their size as the whole system can really wobble the house!
    But dont take my word for it (or anyone elses for that matter), you really have to audition them (if you can) for yourself and make up your own mind. If you go to www.empiredirect.co.uk you can get the FS2 for about £360. Another thing you might want to consider is that you can upgrade the FS2's with another set later on, if you do this you can use 2 of the panels for back speakers then use the remaining 3 to 'double up' the front l/r and centre, you also then have 2 subs.
    I think though if you're on a budget, you cant really go wrong with either set or any of the Mission stuff because it's all pretty good.
    Good luck!

6. Tejpal

Tejpal

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0

I suppose the admin is a RS fan..

Im not being daft. Im expressing my disapointment to richer sounds. I have had VERY bad experiences form them.

7. Ian J

Ian J
    Banned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +4,906
    I reported your post to admin as it was a stupid comment to make. You made a derogatory comment then followed it up by saying "don't quote me on that, it's not factual"

If it's not factual, don't post it.