1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Mission FS2 Sub Cutting Out

Discussion in 'Subwoofers' started by johndj1, Oct 9, 2002.

1. johndj1

johndj1
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi

Purchased a set of FS2's and have them running off an Denon 3802 and am generally very happy with them.

However, every now and then, particularly when either the volume is low or there is little low frequency noise (ie a tv programme) the sub cuts out and the power light goes orange. Likewise when the volume increases or the low frequency noise increases the sub will kick in again and the light will go green.

I know someone is going to shout at me but a the moment the speakers all run directly off the amp and the sub's main's power is directly connected to the amp (so it comes on when the amp is switched on, there's no continuous warm-up)

Any thoughts would be much appreciated, not happy with the situation at all.

Cheers

Dan

2. bob007

bob007

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Has this sub got an Auto On/Off switch?

Most subs can be left on all the time, quite safe and no damage is done to the sub, if this sub has an Auto On/Off feature and you are using it, you might be better leaving the sub constantly switched on.

3. johndj1

johndj1
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Nope, the FS2 amp has a manual on/off switch (which always remains in the "on" position to save me removing the cover blah, blah, blah)

4. bob007

bob007

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Has the sub got a Left and Right Line Level Input?

If so try a Y Splitter, sub may be having problems detecting a signal when at low volumes.

5. johndj1

johndj1
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Sorry to sound daft but the sub is already connected to the amp via an RCA to a specific Sub RCA out on the amp. Are you saying to run one out, split it then reconnect to one at the sub end?

Apologies, it;s late... I'm tired:)

D

6. bob007

bob007

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    No - On most subs you have a L/R line level input, if you only have the one then this is not an option.

Could be two things, sounds as if the sub needs a bit of volume for it to detect a signal, I had a Yamaha sub just like it it, shouldn't worry don't think it's a problem, or could be a result of how you have it connected, on some of these systems the satellites need to be connected to the sub, if this is the design of this system try connecting as the manual says and see if that cures the problem.

7. johndj1

johndj1
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    And there's me just laid my new flooring over the top of it.

D'oh!!

Thanks Bob

D

8. Juiceloose

Juiceloose

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +110
    John,

The flat panel speakers need to be connected to the sub NOT directly to your amp.

Steve.