1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Mission FS2 Speaker Dying

Discussion in 'Home Cinema Speakers' started by SportiveUK, Dec 26, 2001.

1. SportiveUK

SportiveUK

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +19
    Hello,

I am hoping that someone might have come across this problem with Mission FS2 flat panel speakers.

I have had my setup since August and everything has been working perfectly until this morning...when I noticed that my front right had suddenly stopped working.

To summarise....it appears to be the actual speaker itself in that where the stand is screwed in (not overtight I have to add) it seems to have over time put pressure on the internal panel and has now stopped it working. By lifting the speaker up sound comes back but as soon as it is put back down on the stand, the sound goes off or becomes crackly/intermittent.

This obviously worries me as each one of the 5 speakers could go like this one by one.

Has anyone else had this problem? I was looking forward to watching lots of new DVD's but it now looks like I will have to listen in 4.5 +1 sound :(

Thanks

Andrew

2. dbloor

dbloor
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    i'm sure Ive recently seen another thread here about a dodgy FS2 speaker.

Cant help with the URL but Im sure if you searched you'd find it easy enough.

D

3. SportiveUK

SportiveUK

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +19
    I have searched but can't seem to find any other threads....I have e-mailed Mission but as yet have no reply. Could this be a design flaw with flat panel speakers maybe?

4. Nic Rhodes

Nic Rhodes

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,277
    These flat panels are very suceptable to pressure damage, like over tightening of screws. My first X space was nackered by someone squeezing it too much before purchase. They are not nearly as sturdy as conventional speakers.

5. SportiveUK

SportiveUK

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +19
    I realise they are more sensitive which is why I was very careful not to tighten the screws for the stands too much...it is something that has obviously occurred over the past few months gradually.