Mission Fs2 setup

A

ainsley

Hi Guys,

Im relatively new to the homecinema scene.
I have the Mission FS2 AV speaker system.

All of the speakers plug into the subwoofer at the moment.

Would I get better clarity/performance if i plug them directly into my amp instead??

Thanks.

no you wouldnt the reason that the speakers go into the sub is so that the sub can sort out the low frequencies play music constantley to soften the speakers thus making them sound better

i found that you can plug them directly into the amp but it takes a very careful setup of the amp, luckily I had time so it worked and to me it improved by a fair amount for the hassle.

Thanks Guys.

The reason for my query is that I have just watched the helicopter grabbing scene from Matrix 1 on my friends setup.

He has the mission fs1 speakers and an onkyo sr701 amp.

On his setup it sounds like the plasma is being smashed when trinity crashes into the screen.

On my fs2 speakers with cheaper Yamaha 630RDS amp, it doesnt have that glass braking sharpness, more like cracked perspex.

Time to update the amp???

my FS1 sounds pretty blant with my sherwood amp, but the forum said there is no point splashing out on an expensive amp as FS1 are pretty much the bottom of the pile as far as speakers go

They have won many 'editors choice' etc. awards so I disagree with people who say they are bottom of the pile. Perhaps for purists, but not for the rest of the population.

And believe me, the sound on my friends setup was so crisp and realistic we were cringing at some of the sound effects because of the realism. Even though we'd seen the film a dozen times before.

The only major difference between his setup and mine is the amp, which is THX approved, and a nice feature that allows you to set the distance each speaker is from the ideal viewing position which is great for odd shaped rooms or speaker placements.

Once we set these up I was blown away!! Hence my thoughts for upgrading my amp.

Just my twopence worth....

FS1/6.1 (IMHO) sound better than the "2"
Garbage in (sherwood amp) garbage out

FS1 (6.1) powered by Pio AX5 =excellent results. Ok, for music I have an Audiolab amp & Mission 770's, but the FS1 package is superb for the money!

B.;)

(hope not to have upset anyone!)

MISSION FS1 CAN KICK SOME SERIOUS ASS

they are a good package they aren't worth full retail off sound alone (£450 rrp) but at the current selling price and how tiny they are and easy to hide....

So, back to my original question,

sould plugging my speakers back into the amp give me better output??

Or should i invest in a better amp for more clarity??

Go & Audition your speakers with a better amp. I think you will be pleasantly surprised!

Regards,

B.

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom