1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Mission FS2 retail price

Discussion in 'Home Cinema Speakers' started by ZZR, Feb 2, 2001.

1. ZZR

ZZR

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    It seems Mission are going to stop the FS2 being sold mail order by the likes of hifibitz at discounted prices.

If you were thinking of buying one, now may be the time.

2. HT Dude

HT Dude

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Infact all mission dealers have to sign an agreement that they will not sell ANY mission speakers over the internet.
    I see both sides of the argument, but there are plenty of other, better speaker systems available, so it's no real big deal. Buy Ruark or Titan or if you want flat panel, go for the Wharfedales.

3. Dave Jones

Dave Jones

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Just wondering how this works then, how do empire get their hands on Mission kit, is it from other sources? Or are they about to make them sig ity?

I think its a futile attempt to stop the discounters. I imagine they'll get around the law here by saying that people have to hear them..the same argument that the "designer" clothes people use to stop Tescos selling them. I happen to agree that you should hear them first but this is extreme.

My personal response to this would be not to buy mission. Imagine all the dealers who are "real" dealers with e-commerce, someone may have been into the shop had a listen and then decide to order online.

Well personally I would count this as anti competative behaviour.

They would lose me as a customer for a start.

Dave