Mission FS2 in large room?

adewatson

Standard Member
Reaction score
Although space isn't a problem my better half has drawn the line at big speakers hence I'm considering the FS2s.

The room is approx 30'x24' and is basically our main living space with the lounge area incorporated in one corner.

Has anyone used this system in a similar size space and what does it perform like? (I'm definately not an audiophile but can't stand that tinny 60s radio type sound!!!!!)

I'll be hooking it up to my new Yamaha RXV630.

Any feedback much apreciated.

Come on guys I know how popular these are someone must be able to help?????!!!!!!!

Well I have the MIssion FS2's but my room isn't the same size as your. I would say it's 14"x 8" and I love the speakers. It's my first 5.1 setup up and I again am not an audiophile but I am more than happy with the speakers.

Hope this helps :)

Frankly mate, I think using those little panels in such a huge space is gonna give you poor results. The FS2's disperse their sound more than conventional speakers and that sound will just be swallowed up in such a large living area. Even adding a second FS2 sub probably won't help much. If you can create a sort of cube effect (although square rooms are an AV no-no) in the lounge end with small direct firing speakers eg. B&W VM1 or 600 S3 with a good sub, you may get better results. You are also going to need a powerful sub which is another WAF nightmare! :(

Depends really on how loud you want it to go and what sort of sound (musically) you are used to. If you have no experience hifi-wise, then something average is gonna sound v.nice to your ears. In any WAF situation, I always take my missus along to a good hifi dealer so we can demo kit together. If she feels like she is being included/assisting, then getting those bigger speakers may be a little easier.:devil:

Originally posted by Nobber22
I always take my missus along to a good hifi dealer so we can demo kit together. If she feels like she is being included/assisting, then getting those bigger speakers may be a little easier.:devil:

So thats the trick to it is it? :D

Originally posted by Sgt.Colon
So thats the trick to it is it? :D

Yup! It is only shopping after all and we know how much women love that! Besides good hifi dealers pamper you and women like that too.

:rolleyes: ;)

thanks guys. It'll take a bit of convincing that a trip to the hifi shop is as exciting as Harvey Nics but I'll give it a go!!!!

Ade
I have the FS2's in my 15'x25' Lounge. They are in the corners between the wall and ceiling which helps to reinforce the volume impact. But, and its a small but in my case, maybe bigger in yours, is that the Sub is only just upto the job, its loud enough for me as I mainly listen at night, but don't expect the floor and walls top move or feel like you've been kicked in the chest. No problems with the Sat's though, they are plenty big enough. You can of course add an additional Sub which plugs directly into the FS2 sub if you need more bass weight.
Sound wise I am extremely pleased, aesthetically the wife is pleased-ish !.

Thanks for the reply I ordered them anyway and they turned up today so I'm still running them in. They look fantastic though and to be honest living in a flat it's probably not such a good idea to crank the bass up too much anyway!!!!!

Originally posted by gdickin2
Ade
I have the FS2's in my 15'x25' Lounge. They are in the corners between the wall and ceiling which helps to reinforce the volume impact. But, and its a small but in my case, maybe bigger in yours, is that the Sub is only just upto the job, its loud enough for me as I mainly listen at night, but don't expect the floor and walls top move or feel like you've been kicked in the chest. No problems with the Sat's though, they are plenty big enough. You can of course add an additional Sub which plugs directly into the FS2 sub if you need more bass weight.
Sound wise I am extremely pleased, aesthetically the wife is pleased-ish !.

I have the mission fs2's in my room, I am goingto upgrade to 6.1 using 2 speakers and a second sub how do you connect the second sub into the first one please?

Depends what you want to do.

I have FS1AVs and I'm only using its sub for normal speaker duty (speakers set to LARGE), and I have a second sub connected directly to the receiver for LFE duties.

I'll leave it like that for a while and see what its like, and then try SMALL speakers in case that sounds better.

On the FS2 Sub there is a LFE output socket, all you need do is run a cable from that to the LFE input on your second sub.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom