1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Mission FS2-AV Warranty only 2 Years!

Discussion in 'Home Cinema Speakers' started by johnny, Sep 18, 2004.

1. johnny

johnny
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2
    I've had my Mission FS2-AV 5.1 set-up for just over 2.5 years now and two of the satellites have stopped working.

Just emailed Mission to ask about procedure for returns, only to be told that the FS2's are the ONLY speakers that are not covered by their 5 year warranty!

Talk about cheek! They suggested I send them in to their engineer who might be able to establish what happened to them.

Obviously they dont hold their FS2's in the same high regard as the rest of their line-up

:mad:

2. cazzasguy

cazzasguy
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I bought a set of these less than six months ago, along with two of the excessively priced stands. My pet cat managed to knock over one of the stand-mounted speakers. Although it fell backwards only about 24 inches against the wall (hardly a major impact), the speaker immediately stopped working - not even an echo.

After contacting their technical help line I was advised that basically the FS2AV satellites can't be repaired (at least not cost-effectively). So I had to buy a replacement, at £52 excluding the case and cradle.

Not particularly impressed, given the original RRP. :confused:

3. Crustyloafer

Crustyloafer

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,236
    No offence meant, but I didn't hold them in any type of high regard either, they were one of the worst sounding AV packages I've heard.

I would put on a brave face and a smile and be glad that you've now been forced to upgrade to something more substantial.

If you are still interested in keeping things small and discreet then anything from the KEf KHT range (except the 1005s) would be worth auditioning. There is also the Monitor Audio Radius range and Tannoy are in the process of launching a new sub/sat package called the Arenas.

Again, sorry for being so blunt about the Missions, but they really were pretty shoddily built and sounded awful.

4. bob1

bob1

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +128
    Same here ,i had a demo of some amps and the shop used the missions.It made all the amps sound crap ,luckily the amp i got sounded great on my speakers.

5. bob1

bob1

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +128
    Yes thats right,i had more or less made my mind up on the amp anyway but i went to the shop for a demo.That was a waste of time the dealer was not helpful and would only use the missions.All the amps sounded more or less the same and didn't like the sound of any of them,i put this down to the speakers and bought it.If i went to demo the speakers i would not have bought them.

6. bobbypunk

bobbypunk

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I tried these speakers for ages trying to get them to sound good and did once not £700 good but good all the same. It took alot of fiddling with the amp settings and a blatent disregard for their manual but they were moved from complete crap to virging on reasonable.