1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Mission FS2-AV speaker crackle

Discussion in 'Home Cinema Speakers' started by petertully, Jan 18, 2003.

1. petertully

petertully
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I wonder if anyone else out there has experienced the same problem I have...my sound setup is a Sony DB940 receiver, FS2-AV and instead of using the standard Mission speaker cable I have upgraded to the QED silver anniversary.

Every now and then I get some very bad crackle through my speakers. This is especially evident on the DTS demo (the one with the piano) where is very noticeable. I've checked the connections (+/-) and made sure that the cables are screwed in tightly into the back of the speakers, and tried to ensure the cable is clipped in tightly into the FS2 base unit (although the silver anniversary is very thick and this is really hard to do.....does anyone know of a better termination option when hooking upto a standard clip type connector?). Also, the speakers are screwed into the wall pretty tightly so I don't think it's vibration.

I'm at the end of they tether now, so can anyone help???

Cheers in advance

2. craigizmo2k2

craigizmo2k2

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I have found this on my rear channels on my eltax speakers, if it goes too loud and high pitched you get a nice crackle...

3. MartinCo

MartinCo
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    peter, I dont know why you upgraded the speaker cable.. it is designed specifically for the FS2s according to Mission. no real need.

anyway, check the end pieces of the speakers, and also whether the panels are in snug & correct... can get some strange vibrations and noises if either isn't right... you could describe it as crackle.

failing that, if you still have it, try the standard FS2 cable to try and prove if there is a fault with that specific speaker.

if we are talking about the same DTS piano intro, certainly no problems here.