Dismiss Notice
Attention AVForums app / Tapatalk users
Sadly GDPR means that, from 25th, we can no longer offer access to AVForums via the branded app or Tapatalk.
Click here for more information.

Mission FS2-2 - NXT for rear surround?

Discussion in 'Home Cinema Speakers' started by RedBull, Jan 30, 2003.

1. RedBull

RedBull

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +27
    Hi guys - Long time no post.

Quick query regarding using the Mission FS2-2 NXT speakers as rear surrounds - Anybody tried them?

I've yet to get a demo of any (I've actually yet to find anyone distributing them at the minute!) but basically they're to compliment my Mission M73's and Mission M7C2, running from my Yamaha 630.

Space is quite a premium for the rears (Guest room used as the cinema, and there's wardrobe doors that will still need to be able to open!) so with the FS2-2's 45mm depth, these would be ideal.

Anything you guys have found out would be great - thanks!

:)

2. MartinCo

MartinCo
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    much as I like the fs2s, they do seem an odd choice to go for as rears when you already have conventional missions.

have you considered a pair ds series bipole instead? 77ds or 7ds.. even a single speaker would be okay if you dont the pair.

they're not huge speakers and still fine as rears.

one important point - remember the Mission FS2s has to have the provided subwoofer connected also... so yes, the speakers maybe very shallow but the sub would not be perfect space-wise.