1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Mission FS1 or FS2??

Discussion in 'Home Cinema Speakers' started by chris stenson, Dec 14, 2003.

1. chris stenson

chris stenson

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I'm a newbie with a question about the Mission NXT speakers. I'm looking at the Mission FS1 or FS2 systems, partly due to W.A.F. but I can't find anything that differentiates the two very much apart from looks. I see they are even on Empire Direct for the same price. Can anyone offer any guidance as to which to go for?

Thanks in advance

Chris S

2. Cool-hand

Cool-hand

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +77
    You'll defintley find the older version for less elsewhere, try Richersounds.co.uk

CH

3. chris stenson

chris stenson

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Thanks for the tip, but which would be the one to go for quality wise? I'm less interested in any price difference.

Chris S

4. EasyTiger

EasyTiger
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Chris,

I was in the same position as you this time last year. I ended up ringing Mission to ask them this very question. They said the FS1 was the one to go for (which I did) as it was the next step on from the FS2 technology.

I ended up using four of these panels around the rear in my 7.1 setup and keeping my kef L&R speakers + FS1 centre speaker and sub. I have been happy with this for movies however this year am getting a Denon DVD2900 and when I demoed a SACD the system did not sound good in surround but was stonking in stereo.

So a major rethink has happened and I am going to keep the 4 rear FS1's and buy some floorstanders (maybe Kef Q4 or 5) with their matching centre and a new sub (RELQ150mk2). This will mean I still have to keep the FS1 sub to provide the low frequency (> 80Hz and < 260Hz) for the rears only. Be warned this AV lark can prove addictive/expensive!

BTW the wife has been very happy (well I use the term relatively) with the FS1's on the wall brackets around the rear, so they are a good foot in the door. Be careful how much you pay for them I have seen the price tumble in the last year.

EasyTiger

5. chris stenson

chris stenson

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Thanks, that's good to get a definitive answer. As you say, a 'foot in the door'! I'll have to see how I get on with the FS1's and perhaps add to the setup later.

Thanks for your reply, much appreciated.

Chris S

6. jelly

jelly

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +9
    i love my fs1 speakers dont forget thay you should be able to run a extra set of stereo speakers of your amp for music as the fs1 arent that hot we music