1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Mission FS1 - any good?

Discussion in 'Home Cinema Speakers' started by cliveg, Oct 27, 2003.

1. cliveg

cliveg

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +8
    looking to purcahse a separate amp and speakers for my Tosh TV and DVD...decided on the amp (Yamaha DSP-AX640SE), but not sure on speakers. Don't have a lot to spend :( so looking at the Mission FS1 ( my wife likes the look of 'em as well! :clap: ).

Any one out there in AV world any comments/advice on these speakers?

Thanks in advance :smashin:

CliveG

2. richard plumb

richard plumb

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,028
    I have them, combined with a sony STR-DB830, and really like them. They are discreet when wall mounted.

I'm no audiophile, but they sound good to me. I also have a separate sub from a previous system which I am currently using for LFE, so the FS1 is just doing the main speaker role, but I don't think that makes a big difference.

3. RichardJ

RichardJ

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +6
    I have FS1's for my 7.1 setup. In my opinion they are discrete, very stylish and certainly wife friendly as my missus didn't give the usual grief when they arrived.

I have no complaints from their performance and whilst I accept that there are better performing speakers out there, the FS1's offer a good balance between style, size and performance.

4. Dimmy

Dimmy
    Banned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I agree, they're excellent for what they do. For outright performance they're better by kef's Eggs and Mission M70 packages, but neither of those are quite so stylish (or cheap).

Buy with confidence :)