1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

mission fs1/2 to sony

Discussion in 'AV Receivers & Amplifiers' started by damien, Nov 5, 2002.

Tags:
  1. damien

damien

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    hi im looking to buy amission fs1/2 speaker set for my sony dvpns700 which has a D.D + D.T.S decoder inside and i was wondering if i could connect my dvd player directly < not using a amp> my connecting options are optical/ coaxle/or 5.1 outputs i have been told that if iwant to play S.A.C.D i have to use the 5.1 outputs is this true ?? thank you for taking the time to read my thread MAY THE FORCE BE WITH YOU ALL

2. JamesTapp

JamesTapp
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Sorry mate, you need an amp.

If you want to make use of SACD the amp will need 5.1 inputs as well as Optical or Coax digital inputs.

I had the FS2/AV set up with the Sony DB940 amp, and it worked well. Don't go mad on the spend of the amplifier, the sub sat speaker setup won't make the best of it. An amp for around £300-£400 will be more than up to the job.

All the best

James

3. Ian J

Ian J
    Banned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +4,906
    You need an AV amp to replay DVDs but if you wish to replay SACD you will have to ensure that the amp has a six channel input as the SACD decoder is within the DVD player and it outputs decoded SACD directly to the amp.