1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Mission Elegante demo in London?

Discussion in 'Home Cinema Speakers' started by MikeFish, Nov 16, 2004.

1. MikeFish

MikeFish

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Does anybody know any dealers that can demo the Mission Elegante speakers (preferably the E83 system) in London?
    I looked on their website but none of the London dealers list the Elegante range. The nearest I could find was in Guilford, Surrey.
    Surely there must be someone in London?

2. NC11

NC11

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +7
    Musical Images in Edgware have an elegante set in one of their demo room. I heard it saturday , AMAZING.

checkout http://www.musical-images.co.uk/home/default.asp.

Shame I dont have a dedicated HC room , I would have bought them on the spot...

3. MikeFish

MikeFish

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Thanks NC11
    I have a musical Images just around the corner from me. When I asked them they said they don't stock Mission but can get them in if wanted to buy them. Maybe I'll ask them if they can borrow a set to demo. That'd save me a long journey Edgware!

4. MikeFish

MikeFish

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Also, do you know which models you listened to?
    Was hoping they'd sound amazing, as they are one of the few floorstanders that got the thumbs up from the missus for the front room.

5. NC11

NC11

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +7
    Sorry , not sure about the model. call the store in Edgware , speak to Pat or Mayor 02089525535 , and ask them which set they have in the demo room.

stock might vary from store to store , although they will be getting the new M-Cube set this week so I presume all other stores will have mission sets fairly soon.

6. MikeFish

MikeFish

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Cool, I heard the M-cubes at the hi-fi show, and at the mo it's a toss up between the Elegante system or the sensible M-cubes.
    Can't decide on which so thought a demo of the Eleagantes might help me dicide.

7. Kazman

Kazman

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +139
    I've heard the Elegantes a couple of times now, and must say, they sound very nice, very impressed with them!

Heard them at shows only though, not in a demo room. But the show room was sealed and was set up as a living room, so conditions for listening were perfect.

Great speakers!

8. AndyCS

AndyCS
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I've had the E82 7.1 system for a few months now and I must say they get better all the time. I am very happy with choice as they really can do music and movies, not many other can do that.
    I bought thes espeakers when I had a Yam 2400 and have had to upgrade to do these speakers justice. I am now very happy.

9. NC11

NC11

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +7
    if you have the space and the extra 3k don't matter , i would go for the elegante... :)

10. recruit

recruit

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Saw the Elegantes at the What Hi Fi show beautifully made speakers reminds me of the Alien Film, well the Look of the speakers if you know what i mean :rolleyes:

John

11. MikeFish

MikeFish

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I have the space up front cos they would be replacing the 603's. I was thinking of the E83s which, unlike the E82s, are not rear ported so I can get them closer to rear wall. I have floor space for the E81 rears (on those lovely stands) but don't want them to take over the room (blimey, listen to me... I've been brainwashed by the missus!).
    Would also mean I'd have to stick to 5.1 as there's no room for any more speakers, whereas if I went for the M-Cubes I could go for 7.1 (assuming they ever do a 7.1 package or sell them individualy).
    As for the extra money, can't really afford them but how often does the wife think spending £4.5k on a set of speakers is not a waste of money? That's almost reason enough to buy them! (It helps that her dad came round at the weekend and told me I'd regret it if I didn't get the floorstanders).