Mission E3ASR at £249?

bluemarvin

Er - just spotted some of these on e-bay, but the only refs. I found to these subs here are offers/ads from Frank Harvey Hifi and AudioAffair.

Seems good value as were £550 originally and spec seems OK - anybody actually heard/got one of these? - if so, any feedback welcome.

I've been edging towards a Monolith DF for ages which no doubt will be in a different class but then it will cost £200 more.

cheers

hoppaz

Er - just spotted some of these on e-bay, but the only refs. I found to these subs here are offers/ads from Frank Harvey Hifi and AudioAffair.

Seems good value as were £550 originally and spec seems OK - anybody actually heard/got one of these? - if so, any feedback welcome.

I've been edging towards a Monolith DF for ages which no doubt will be in a different class but then it will cost £200 more.

cheers

This looks like the new model for the Mission M6AS which I reviewed on here (as did a few others). Do a search on it.

Amp power wise and dimensions are identical iirc. Someone who also reviewed in my thread it said it was better than the BK XLS200 (£289) but not Monolith league. My SVS PB10 sub is about 25% better in all areas (power, depth and slam etc) but saying that the SVS sub is 400 quid new. For the money the M6AS gave great bang per buck.

I used to own a MS 309 before the Mission and the Mission blew the MS out of the water.

Hope this helps

bluemarvin

thanks hoppaz

given you were the only response (and you owned the predecessor not this one - which seems slightly smaller than the one you had at 300W and 26litres), I guess it's easy to see why these are being sold off. Given the spec/price I would have expected them to be in XLS300 territory - but it feels too risky.

I'll just have to keep saving up for that monolith!

cheers

The latest video from AVForums

Star Wars Andor, Woman King, more Star Trek 4K, Rings of Power & the latest TV, movies & 4K releases
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom