1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

mission cyrus 3

Discussion in 'Hi-Fi Stereo Systems & Separates' started by CYRUStheVIRUS, Jul 27, 2003.

1. CYRUStheVIRUS

CYRUStheVIRUS

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +14
    just got a cyrus 3 amplifier (friend owed me money took this instead) and dont know whether to keep or sell, if i keep can this be upgraded other than power psx things and do the psx make a big difference. also if i sell how much is it worth, it has no instructions but is in reasonable condition (these things are built like tanks) anybody have or heard one. any advice appreciated.

2. Orbital

Orbital

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +4
    Hi Cyrus,

I have a Cyrus 3 along with a Cyrus XPA power amp and Cyrus dAD7 CD player in the lounge, I love mine. Even though they have been knocking around a fair while they still sound nice, even today. Cyrus 3 amps go for between say £150 - £200 second hand. If you go HERE you can read all about it and also what effect the PSX-R has on it.

3. CYRUStheVIRUS

CYRUStheVIRUS

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +14
    thanks just the site i was looking for:smashin:

4. Matt Horne

Matt Horne

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +118
    I always fancied a cyrus system.. though never got round to it..you should have no probs selling it.. (as I have noticed the few times I thought about buying cryus!)

Matt

5. davidwatsonok

davidwatsonok

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +136
    I've had a Cyrus 2 with PSX for 15 years and it is still a superb amp even when measured against the latest stuff. The PSX on the 2 was a very worthwhile upgrade, opened up the range immensly.
    I heard the 3 on launch and it was a worthy successor. Shame the same can't be said for a lot of the very newest stuff I've heard recently. I think there's a downturn in the quality of good hifi to try and compete more with the jap stuff. Speakers in particulat these days seem to be on the slide.
    Use it a while before you consider selling it, it might make you keep it.

6. Matt Horne

Matt Horne

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +118
    Currently looking for a BBQ amp.. and have found arcams and Cryus ones at about the £50-60 mark.. now thats gotta be a bargain!

Matt