1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Mission Cinema m72

Discussion in 'Home Cinema Speakers' started by RallyofDiscover, Nov 26, 2002.

1. RallyofDiscover

RallyofDiscover
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Has anyone listened to the Mission Cinema m72's if so what are they like as good as Kef eggs???

2. mansell

mansell

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +39
    I've not heard the keff eggs so can't compare but I'm more than happy with my M72's

They came as part of the M72 package , some people wall mount them but mine are on stands

The base is quite impressive (down to 56hz)

3. Bristol Pete

Bristol Pete

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +321
    Listen up.

Just got (1 week ago) and installed the M72 set. This comprises of m72 stand mounters, M7c1 centre and M7ds bi-pole rears.
    I am using them in a room about 4 metres by 4 metres and they sound great.

The fronts are mounted on Mission Stancette stands and they can chew bass with the best of them. As the aforementioned reply states, they can drop as low as 56hz. The mid and the treble are clean and precise and very well deliverd.
    They sing from out of the box and considering that they improve with run in, then things can only get better.

The m7c1 centre is a bigger (longer) than a normal centre and is almost arc shaped, thus delivering a good spread of sound. It is magic at picking up tit bits on soundtracks that I have never heard before. For instance, when the sniper scene arrives in Private ryan, I heard the german breathing from the bell tower for the first time and I have watched that movie well...god knows happy many times.
    Dialouge is clear, crisp and well held. I have found it is slightly quieter than my last centre but this is easily over come by increasing the db by about +2.

The bi-pole rears are also excellent. In the home, they can take some getting used to as they are quite large. They are situated 6 foot up the side wall, firing across my listening position. Sound wise, they are, to me, the closet thing I have heard to 'real cinema' rear sound as they disperse sound two ways, thus eliminating the - 'well, thats clearly from that speaker factor'.
    The ambience that these speakers can create is superb. watch something creepy like the mothman prophecies and youll be in for a treat.

All speakers are finished in a deep black, with nice textured coverings and a shiny mission badge that will assure you have spent well. Any how, I hope that this helps. I cannot recommend these speakers any more than I have done. Best of all, I paid just £282.99 plus p+p from -

http://www.unbeatable.co.uk

Consider getting decent mission stands to match and youll be in home cinema heaven. After all, thats what you are after aren't you.

Captain B.

And no I work for Tony Blair, not misson. ;)

4. Ian J

Ian J
    Banned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +4,906
    They are one of the flattest rear speakers that you can buy and therefore "disappear" more than most. Mine are in silver so don't stand out as much as black speakers on my walls.

Despite working for Tony Blair, The Captain might still be telling the truth :D

5. Nobber22

Nobber22

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +109
    Should leave plenty of your budget over for a good sub too! :devil: Just please don't ask here which sub - PLEASE do a search first. :)

6. RallyofDiscover

RallyofDiscover
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Could you offer a view ? :D