1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Mission Cinema m72 package any good for music aswell as films?

Discussion in 'Home Cinema Speakers' started by Gatekeeper, Mar 17, 2004.

1. Gatekeeper

Gatekeeper

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Mission Cinema m72 package any good for music aswell as films or should i look at four m71's and a m7c1 for a center
    like to try 5.1 music
    ps
    denon 3801 amp
    room size approx 16*11 ft

2. Nobber22

Nobber22

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +109
    The M7C1 is the weak link for both movies and music IMO. I had one, but dumped it for a regular M72 as my centre, thereby better matching my M73 fronts.

The Mission speakers are great for music too. If you have no sub, the bigger M72's will suit you. If you do have a sub, get 3 pairs of M71's (store one in the attic if you only go for 5.1) for the best all-round music soundstage. :)

3. tom_nieto

tom_nieto
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    Are the m72's better as a centre than the m7c2? I find it a bit bright still, and there could be more bass weight tbh. I think I need to mess about with my amp's settings. TBH go for 3 pairs of m71i's (they're cheap now aren't they) and have 6.0, or even 3 pairs of m72i's. That'll give you some really good bass. I use regular m72's for my fronts without a sub and find them to be adequate (I only have a small room). If you want to have surround music haveing matching speakers all round is the absolute best option.

4. Stellavision

Stellavision

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +76
    I had the M7C2 centre and it was excellent.
    This is a dedicated centre and I would imagine that it should produce better results than using a M72 as a centre.

5. Nobber22

Nobber22

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +109
    Nope. :) I had a M7C2 and then switched to a M72. M72 goes deeper and vocals are clearer, particularly with higher-pitched voices, like women singing - Moulin Rouge is a good example in this case.

Matching speakers all round are the way forward, but if you really want the full spectrum, partner the M71 or m72 speakers with a good sub. :smashin:

6. Gatekeeper

Gatekeeper

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    cheers for the replys
    thinking getting four m71 for sourounds (6.1) and center and apair of m72 for the fronts with out a sub whould this be ok for moves and music?

7. tom_nieto

tom_nieto
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    That should give nice results :) Get the M7C2 if you can, as it's much better than the M7C1 apparently. I just went straight ahead with the 'C2 without comparing it to the 'C1, word of mouth, the style and the cabinet size was enough to convince me. You might have to look second hand, superfi had some, but I think they've all sold out.

8. Gatekeeper

Gatekeeper

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    cheers tom
    :)

9. bobbypunk

bobbypunk

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    the prices are good at the momment on this range as the new one has been out a while now, the new speakers are a significant improvement maybe even worth the difference in cost, to look up the new versions the model numbers follow the same pattern but using a "3" not a "7". eg. M3c2...

10. funkers

funkers
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    m72's are great speakers.
    i've got m72 fronts, m2c2 centre, m7ds surrounds and m1c2 centre rear. they all work very well together. bass and stero from the m72's is very good considering their size.

11. Gatekeeper

Gatekeeper

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    hi funkkers
    do they sound ( m7d's ) any good for music in 5.1