1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Mission cinema m30's, or mordaunt short avant premiere plus

Discussion in 'Home Cinema Speakers' started by aldavies, Oct 27, 2004.

1. aldavies

aldavies

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Can anyone advise me which of these would be best for the denon adv1000 all in one system? I am torn between the Mission cinema m30's, and the mordaunt short avant premiere plus. They both have very good reviews. I will be using the system a lot for stereo cd's as well as surround. Alternatively, does anyone else have any suggestions for fairly compact speakers up to a max of £600?

2. rozzar

rozzar

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +23
    Mordaunt Shorts all the time. Much more musical, vibrant and generally more involving. The facility of a wall-mountable, compact centre is useful too :)

3. aldavies

aldavies

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Thanks for the reply. I will go for the mordaunt short's. What do you mean by wall mounted compact central speaker? All the pictures I have seen have a biggish centre speaker.

4. Ed Selley

Ed Selley
    AVF Reviewer

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +3,331
    The centre is bigger than the other sats but still not huge. What Rozzar means is that we make a dedicated wall mount that can be used on all the premiere speakers that is easy to fit and offers a fair amount of adjustment.

5. neuty

neuty

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +614
    TON`S OF FUN
    i have the original premiers and was wondering if mordaunt short was doing any type of upgrade to th new 309 sub

here`s hoping

6. Ed Selley

Ed Selley
    AVF Reviewer

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +3,331
    Well we cut the price to £230- what more do you want?

7. allengn

allengn
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2
    I'm also looking to get my first set of speakers, which are likely to be connected to a Yamaha RXV640 receiver. (Hopeing to get this early next week from Richer Sounds).

Was looking at the new Wharfedale Diamond 9 series, but was told in one shop that the Mission M30 range were better, both in terms of sound and reliability. However I cannot ignore all the good reviews I keep seeing on for the Mordaunt Premier (300) range.

However, as I'm looking to buy something that will keep me happy for at least the next 3 - 5 years ... is it worth the extra money buying the Avant (900) range?

Kit will be used approx. 50:50 DVD/Tv and CD's.

8. Ed Selley

Ed Selley
    AVF Reviewer

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +3,331
    The Diamond range looked and sounded pretty tasty at Manchester so I wouldn't discount it that quickly. The best thing to do with the MS product is not view it as a collection of seperate ranges as the Premiere system will sonically match the Avants pretty closely. Thus you could start with a Premiere (plus if you can) and change the fronts for the Avant range if you feel the need to upgrade later on.

9. phattanglo

phattanglo
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I'm seriously considering the M.S Premiere system to go with a Pioneer VSXC301 receiver but I wanted to ask about speaker matching as I understand the impedance is 4 ohms. Is this likely to cause a prob, would I be better to look at Mission, Wharfedale etc?
    Hope the technical bods can help.