1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

mission cinema 72

Discussion in 'Home Cinema Speakers' started by sparkybun, Feb 10, 2002.

1. sparkybun

sparkybun

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +23
    Hi,

I'm in the market for budget av speakers. I've got a denon 2802 and have had mission cinema 72 recommended - £283 at QED-UK.COM. Has anyone any experience with them. Please advise if you could. I would prefer stand mounters and around the £300 for the five speakers!

My current speakers are:

Fronts : B&W 600 series i

Center & rears : Mordaunt Short CS1

Sub : Kef Psw1000

Cheers!

2. pointon

pointon

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +3
    Excellent choice in my opinion. The Cinema 72 AV pack is one of the best budget deals out there, and the price QED has it for means it's a bit of a no-brainer. The m72's are top standmounters. Good bass, very refined. Great for music too. The m7c1 centre is equally fine, and the m7ds rears are just superb, some of the best I've heard at the price (and I've heard quite a few at this price). They also look wonderful too, especially in beech. By the way, they were also judged the best AV speaker package available for the money in the What Hifi awards last year, if that means anything more to you.

BUT, go listen to them first if you can. There's no use me recommending them so you just order them straight away, and then decide you don't agree with my opinion. Demo, demo, demo.

Ian: quit your smirking. ;)

3. Ian J

Ian J
    Banned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +4,906
    You've taken up mind reading I see; mind you I wish I could quit smoking instead.

4. sparkybun

sparkybun

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +23
    Thanks everyone. I do believe it should be a no brainer, unfortunately 'her indoors' don't quite see it that way. Any ideas??

5. ice_cool

ice_cool

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    It makes me smile about all the references to "the other half" or "her indoors". :D

It seems that no women likes av equipment, but us men have to put up with their flowery curtains and wallpaper! Compromise? Revolt! Long live the revolution!!!!!!!! Show them who's wearing the trousers :D

6. Spencem

Spencem

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +5
    I liked these speaker so much I brought a set, but that was my ears not yours. As for WAF (wife acceptance factor) see if a local dealer will let you try a home demo, I did this and My wife could hear the difference.