1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Mission Cinema-7 vs MIssion m73 av package

Discussion in 'Home Cinema Speakers' started by Dr.Rock, Feb 14, 2002.

1. Dr.Rock

Dr.Rock

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +10
    Can someone please tell me how does the Mission Cinema-7 package compare to the m73 av package? Which one should I go for?

2. pointon

pointon

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +3
    I've mixed the two up. Very similar packages, but the Cinema 7 is the higher quality package.

Listen to both and then decide.

3. Dr.Rock

Dr.Rock

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +10
    Someone told me that the m73 has newer drive units and delivers better bass. The Cinema-7's are older technology, hence Richer Sounds dropping the price. Is that true?

4. pointon

pointon

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +3
    Mission haven't dropped the price, Richer Sounds are just selling it at a ridiculous price.

I have to say I do prefer the sound of the M73's over the 773e's, just slightly. Bass is exactly the same as far as I can see, which is a credit to the M73's as the 773e's should walk all over them by specification. But as with speakers it's all a matter of personal preference, and hence my continuing advice:

Demo, demo, demo!

Edit: As I said above, I mixed the two packages. I have the m73 with the 77c1 centre and the 77ds rears. Personally I feel I have the best of each package. I'm sure many, many people would disagree with me on this, and say the 773's are far better than the m73's. But that's OK because I couldn't give a damn, I like what I like.

5. Duvel

Duvel

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +3
    I've just purchased the m774, m77c1 and the m77ds from richersounds at the knock down price of £499 and I'm really impressed with them having previously (still) owned the Kef cresta 3's 1's and center. The missions are a big improvement already and should get better still once run in. My B&W ASW500 sub handles the bass department, but even with that switched off the 774s seem to do pretty good on their own. Anyone considering the mission 77 series should get down to their local richersounds ASAP as they were flying out the door whilst I was there.

6. Alan_W

Alan_W

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +189
    That wot I have too

The Mission 77's but with the 774s in front rather than the 773e's. All in all a great package and now available for considerably less than I paid :(

774 have a bit more mid and bass over the 773's but you may have probs finding a set.

The centre and rears are up there with the best. They may be marketing newer models but only a couple of years ago the rears and centre were the best and noew they are being given away:mad:

7. Duvel

Duvel

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +3
    I really wanted the Missions a year ago but could not afford the price then (£800) and had to settle for the Kef Crestas. But even the Kefs cost me £425 then. Now Richers have the Kefs for half the price I paid. Can't even get a good 2nd hand price for them. :( Still I,m really pleased with the Missions and glad I got the 774 model while they were still (just about) available. Got my front's and center from the Milton Keynes branch of Richers but had to go to the Leicester branch for the rears. Still a pair of m774 in the Leicester shop but no more m77c1.

8. Guest

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I think the 77c1s are available from the RS.com website... unless they were sold out early today (and they couldn't be a..... updating it)

-TF

9. Markster

Markster

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    One thing to be aware of, the M73's are fully sheilded i am not sure if the 77 are?. I maybe wrong but worth checking?. Perhaps someone else could confirm?

( i had to get sheided fronts as mine have to stand right next to my tv, - M73, M7C, M7DS)

10. Duvel

Duvel

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +3
    The 77 series are not shielded (except the center) but mine are ok standing 10 inches from the edge of my tv. Couldn't say for sure just how close they can go before any probs are likely to appear.