1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Mission centres

Discussion in 'Home Cinema Speakers' started by turnergw, Jan 23, 2003.

1. turnergw

turnergw

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I've been searching in vain to see whether I can get hold of a Mission 70c2 centre speaker, to match my 702e fronts and 701 surrounds. I'm currently using a Paradigm CC-170, which sounds sufficiently different, especially in multichannel music, that it's becoming distracting.

The 70c2 always seemed to get rave reviews, although it's now a very old model. The closest 'stock' item I can find anywhere is the m7c2, which I presume will be a close timbre match to the 702e.

Any mission users out there who have a set up similar to this? Any thoughts on the m7c2, good or bad, or whether it's possible to get the old 70c2 anywhere (I've tried emailing Mission themselves, but I'm still waiting for a response after 2 weeks!)

Alternatively, anyone got a spare one they'd like to sell me :)

2. Ricky27

Ricky27

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +195
    Hi,why dont you consider the 70C1?,perfect match for your missions,same woofer,tweeter,style and build.

These are availible from RS very cheap.

3. Harold Corbet

Harold Corbet

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Agree with Ricky here. The 70C1 is great for the job

4. turnergw

turnergw

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I had wondered about the 70C1 - it is indeed cheap at RS, although it also seems to be permanently out of stock!

Tha main reason for going for the larger centre was because the power rating on the 70C1 is only 25W to 75W - although given that I rarely listen at anything even approaching reference level, I guess that wouldn't be a problem. I'll try and find one and give it a go.

Thanks guys!

5. Stinky985

Stinky985

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +6
    try hifijunkies.co.uk
    £79 i think it was

6. gerty

gerty

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    hi , i have all missions on my set up , the 704as up front , with the 77ds at the back , we originally used the m7c1 , but found that , a : it wasnt very well shielded , and b : the active subs on the front speakers called for a slightly more powerfull centre , we found the m7c2 at hi spek for a mere £120 , in silver , and have got no worries in recommending it , hope this helps

7. Chaos Star

Chaos Star

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +18
    I have 702e fronts and a 70c1 centre, seems to be a good match to me. Give RS a ring see if they can get one for U.