1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

mission centre speakers

Discussion in 'Home Cinema Speakers' started by martin day, Dec 17, 2003.

1. martin day

martin day
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I currently use Mission 701s and 700s for my front and rear speakers with a Gale centre speaker (as it was cheap at the time!!). But I want to change my centre to Mission as well.

Does anyone know if the M7C1 is any good and will it be compatible with my other mission speakers.

Thanks
    Martin

2. Nobber22

Nobber22

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +109
    No, it isn't very good and isn't really compatible with the 700 series. I tried the M7C1 with 700 fronts and there was a large hole during left to right panning.

Try track down the matching 700 series centre or better still, another 701 for 3 perfectly matched fronts.

3. martin day

martin day
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I spoke to Mission this am and they said that the M7C1 would be fine?

I don't want another 701 as it would be far too big.

Anyone have any ideas where I might be able to track down an original 700 series centre?

4. Mike Dando

Mike Dando

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I use the M7C1 with a set of 702e fronts and to me they sound fine together.

Plus its perfectly shaped to sit on top of my TV - definite WAF.

5. martin day

martin day
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Thanks Mike. Anyone else with any views?

6. Nobber22

Nobber22

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +109
    If you are happy with "fine" then go for it. Just remember that just because the speaker says Mission on the front, doesn't mean it will be "great" in your setup with other Missions. "Great" comes from matching speakers as closely as possible....and yes, I do unfortunately suffer from the same WAF prolems you do, so know that a compromise has be made too.

You may find your Gale is actually a better match than the M7C1, or maybe not. ;)

7. mudan

mudan
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2
    I've recently bought a Mission M3C2 centre speaker to use as a rear centre between my old pair of 760i. On the front centre I use a Tannoy 623, part of Tannoys old hexagaonal shaped range.
    Just to try, I replaced the Tannoy with the Mission centre. I found the dialogue to be clean and detailed, however not as convincing as my old Tannoy. The Mission however was straight out of the box so obviously will need plenty of running in until it sounds its best. It's also quite a heavy speaker for its size.

I look forward to mounting it on the ceiling.

I could have gone for the cheaper M3C1 especially considering that it's only for a rear surround channel but decided that over a small amount of money I would not compromise

Please, note however, that the speaker can not be biwired. This is not clear on Mission's web site.

8. bob1

bob1

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +129
    I've got a mc72 for my center,i did look at the mc71 but it looked a bit small and put me off.I would go for the mc72 or whatever you can find rather than the m7c1.