1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Mission > B7W VM1 - upgrade?

Discussion in 'Home Cinema Speakers' started by Luc, Jun 26, 2003.

1. Luc

Luc
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2
    Hey hey,
    I'm getting fed up of the clutter and untidyness of my setup, and am considering changing my boxy Mission 702s and the 75C (keeping the 2 x 70ds), wall mounting my plasma and getting 3 B&W VM1s wall mounted too, channeling out the wall in the process. My question is - are the VM1s comparable/better/worse than my current set? I've got a REL Q-Bass too, if that helps in answering...

Also selling my optimum AV400, and getting one of these > http://www.alphasondesigns.com/products/ad547sb/index.html < , but that's another thread...

2. jhjerpe

jhjerpe

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +59
    I would suggest you go and have a listen to the VM1s. I used them as surround back speakers but when doing the demo we setup them ups as Fronts. I was amazed how good they where, considering the size and the cost.

My comparison was with some Kef Eggs, but as a matter of intrest we also compared them to some B&W 601s and was suprised at how close they got in bass and midrange. Not as good, but close!

3. Parmenion

Parmenion

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +27
    The VM1's seem to be available pretty much everywhere for 125 pounds.

Any idea if they are cheaper anywhere else? (Jonas?)

Regards

Parmenion

4. Radiohead

Radiohead

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +433
    Not much, but you should be able to get 10% off without too much trouble. B&W don't supply web-only retailer AFAIK, hence the lack of truly low prices.

Having said that, I've 5 VM1's and they really are very good andf thus well worth £125.