Mission 78C alternatives

lightningvictim

Due to my AV stand (Stands Unique Ultimate High AV) I have been advise to buy a Mission 78C as my centre to match a pair of M74i and m7ds surrounds (Beech and Silver) which I am also buying.

At £350 from my local dealer it is a bit more than I wanted to spend but it appears to be the only speaker that will fit in the recess apart from Stands Uniques own centre Klarity speaker which is also £350 but apart from its looks it ain't got much going for it apparenty.......

Any advice on altenatives, both for just the centre or a complete replacement package. Or will the 78C be so well balanced to the rest I am just as well to bite the bullet on the £350.

Cheers
Les

Nobber22

will the 78C be so well balanced to the rest I am just as well to bite the bullet on the £350.
[/B]

I don't believe the 78C will match with the M74's as they are of a different design with a diff. tone. The ideal match is the Mission M7C2, however it is quite wide so may not be great. An alternative is the Mission 77C1 which is only £99 and a narrow box too. My neighbour uses one with M74's and it integrates pretty well. £350 is a ripoff for an unmatched centre speaker just so it fits in your (probably expensive??) rack!:eek:

The latest video from AVForums

Oculus Quest 2 VR headset + Rotel A14 MkII Amp Reviews & Best of the Month
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom