1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Mission 78C alternatives

Discussion in 'Home Cinema Speakers' started by lightningvictim, Oct 17, 2002.

1. lightningvictim

lightningvictim

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +11
    Due to my AV stand (Stands Unique Ultimate High AV) I have been advise to buy a Mission 78C as my centre to match a pair of M74i and m7ds surrounds (Beech and Silver) which I am also buying.

At £350 from my local dealer it is a bit more than I wanted to spend but it appears to be the only speaker that will fit in the recess apart from Stands Uniques own centre Klarity speaker which is also £350 but apart from its looks it ain't got much going for it apparenty.......

Any advice on altenatives, both for just the centre or a complete replacement package. Or will the 78C be so well balanced to the rest I am just as well to bite the bullet on the £350.

Cheers
    Les

2. Nobber22

Nobber22

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +109

I don't believe the 78C will match with the M74's as they are of a different design with a diff. tone. The ideal match is the Mission M7C2, however it is quite wide so may not be great. An alternative is the Mission 77C1 which is only £99 and a narrow box too. My neighbour uses one with M74's and it integrates pretty well. £350 is a ripoff for an unmatched centre speaker just so it fits in your (probably expensive??) rack!:eek:

3. PJONG

PJONG
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    i agree with nobber22, but if you absolutely positively need a 78c then you can get one for £240, try www.hispek.com or hificonfidential (london based shop)