1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Mission 78aS - Lost in Translation

Discussion in 'Home Cinema Speakers' started by drum63, Mar 5, 2004.

1. drum63

Nov 20, 2003
    Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Doing a bit of research into Mission's 78aS sub after reading a review here and used the Google translator to decipher a French webpage.
    The result makes interesting reading.
    I was particularly taken with the fact that it "meditates" and imagined a sub sitting in the corner chanting "Ommmmmmmmm".

Took me a minute to work out the "small enclosures of library" reference, but I think it sounds more interesting than bookshelf.

I'm glad also that it doesn't enter a "race for the decibels"

Mods - If this should go in General Chat or perhaps in the bin please move.

"To supplement its enclosures of series 78, the British mark Mission has just developed a new low register box. This one, referred 7ÅS takes again neat ultra esthetics and the exceptional quality of construction of the other products of its range. As at ease in company of small enclosures of library as with columns of average size, it proposes to bring a very refined restitution of the low frequencies.
    New subwoofer 7ÅS of Mission adopts rather unusual proportions. Its box, in panels of 3 cm thickness meditates, is relatively long and narrow. It dissociates tendency "cubist" generally noted on the products of this type. Its proportions are dictated by the use of two loudspeakers of extreme-serious, placed coast at coast below the box. Both woofers, which radiates thus towards the ground, measure each one 20 cm diameter and are granted in bass-reflex camera mode. Their food is entrusted to an amplifier of a power announced for 250 W which, like the other elements of the box Mission 7ÅS, testifies to a quality of licked ultra manufacture.
    On the ground, the 7ÅS carries out a precise, delicate and measured work, with one crowned punch without seeking to make the race with the decibels. Adapted perfectly to function with enclosures of average size, large models of library or small columns, it answers wonder with the definition of a product audiophile which one will appreciate as much the services at the time of a musical listening on two channels as in mode Home Cinema, which is far from being the case of the majority of the subwoofers market."