1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Mission 77ds

Discussion in 'Home Cinema Speakers' started by KLAUD911, Feb 18, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. KLAUD911

KLAUD911

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    MY CURRENT SYSTEM CONSISTS OF YAMAHA DVD 510, SONY 445STRDE AMP, SONY JE530 MINDISC PLAYER AND A PAIR OF TANNOY MERCURY M1'S.

I AM LOOKING FOR A PAIR OF REAR SPEAKERS THAT WILL COPE WITH MUSIC ASWELL AS MOVIES.

SHOULD I GO FOR A PAIR OF TANNOYS OR CAN I GET AWAY WITH MISSION 77DS'S?

OR SHOULD I DITCH THE TANNOY'S AND GET MISSION'S UPFRONT ASWELL? (ALTHOUGH CASH IS A BIT LIMITED AT THE MOMENT!:( )

ALSO WILL A CENTRE SPEAKER MAKE A GREAT DEAL OF DIFFERENCE?

ANY VIEWS AND ADVICE WILL BE MUCH APPRECIATED AS THIS KIND OF STUFF IS PRETTY NEW TO ME

2. Jase

Jase

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +834
    You´d be better off getting the same make of speakers for rears. I dont know much about the Tannoy range (Reiner!!). If there are none that suit then using the Mission´s would do the job.

I would say the centre is probably the most important speaker as all dialogue comes from it as well as other effects.

Make sure the centre is the same make and if possible the same model or a centre model version of your fronts. This is very important for Home Cinema.

As I said, in an ideal setup all speakers would be of the same make and match each other tonally, if you cant get them all to match then at the very least make sure the fronts & centre do.

A subwoofer is an essential part of the setup as well, so you´d be worth while getting one A.S.A.P.

cheers

3. Reiner

Reiner

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +13
    Just given my answer in a duplicated thread, I lock this one therefore. Further replies in the other post please.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.