Mission 77c1 - magnetic shielding problem

Sam

I've got a Mission 77c1 centre speaker which has been out of action for a while as I had to replace one of the cones (obtained direct from Mission). I've just tried to put it on top of my CRT and the new cone doesn't seem to be magnetically shielded because the screen is massively discoloured.

Anyone know why this might be? Might this be something to do with the install of the cone (not sure what I could have done wrong), or is it a faulty part?

I'm planning on getting a new Plasma soon which shouldn't be affected by the magnetic field, am I right?

Thanks,
Sam

Member 96948

Distinguished Member
Look at the back of the replacement drive unit. If it's missing something like an extra magnet or shielding can, then that's your problem.

It won't affect the plasma although it may fall off during louder passages if you try balancing it on top.;)

Russell

Sam

Look at the back of the replacement drive unit. If it's missing something like an extra magnet or shielding can, then that's your problem.

It won't affect the plasma although it may fall off during louder passages if you try balancing it on top.;)

Russell

I've got some sticky tape to solve that problem. ;)

OK, thanks for the tip - I'll have a look tonight.

Sam

It's this kind of great advice that gives AV Forums such a good reputation. :D

The latest video from AVForums

LG G1 OLED Evo TV and SVS SB-1000 Pro subwoofer reviews, Samsung OLED rumours and more...
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom